Instructor- Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Sarcoma
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology Instructor- Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant- SarcomaPosition # 00781346 – Requisition #20212* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nurse Practitioner-Physician Assistant is needed in a comprehensive Sarcoma cancer program and practice.
Now seeking to fill a full-time faculty advanced practice provider (APP) position with benefits through the (Medicine) Division of Medical Oncology within the University of Colorado Cancer Center Sarcoma and GI Phase I clinic. Primary work location is in Aurora, Colorado at the Anschutz Medical Campus (AMC). The APP will be an active participant in clinical work seeing patients daily in the Sarcoma clinic. As part of this clinic position, additional training as needed in active symptom control (palliative care) and clinical trials conduct will be provided. The mission of the Division of Medical Oncology is to provide the best cancer care available, to perform cutting-edge cancer research, to provide first-rate cancer education and to optimize clinician collegiality and collaboration.Working Title: Instructor-Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Sarcoma JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
This full-time faculty position is responsible for identifying, assessing, planning, and coordinating services for ambulatory Sarcoma patients in the Sarcoma Clinic, thus fostering quality, continuity, and appropriate utilization of health care resources throughout the continuum of care. Supervision may be exercised as required for patient care.Examples of work performed includes the following duties:
Salary and Benefits:
- Manages the health care of patients in the Sarcoma Clinic.
- Performs a comprehensive health assessment, including health history, physical exams, preventive screening; identifies medical health risks and needs.
- Performs scheduled study-related visits, study screenings, and toxicity assessments of patients on phase I-III clinical trials.
- Formulates the appropriate differential diagnoses based on clinical evaluation.
- Performs, orders and/or interprets diagnostic studies within scope of practice and clinical area of practice at the University of Colorado Hospital location in Aurora, Colorado.
- Performs advanced technical procedures within the scope of clinical practice for these Sarcoma programs as well as other programs requesting procedures, according to schedule.
- Plans and implements therapeutic regimens that include medical management strategies, including prescription of medications/devices.
- Establishes systematic follow-up for evaluation of the plan of care and reassesses and modifies the plan, as necessary, including initiation of referrals and consultation with physicians and other health care providers as appropriate.
- Evaluates emergent patient issues (e.g. acute medical problems) in Sarcoma medical oncology patients, initially assessing and then communicating with the associated medical team as needed to evaluate and treated these patients as appropriate.
- Assures patient and family teaching is adequate to manage the illness or wellness plan at home.
- Facilitates client participation and promotes self-care by providing information needed to make decisions and choices.
- Facilitates appropriate utilization of the medical system in a cost-effective manner without jeopardizing quality of care and service. May be involved in management of critical pathway and case management across the continuum of care as indicated.
- Participates as a team member in providing healthcare, interacting with professional colleagues to provide comprehensive care as a responsible professional.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and teaching abilities through the presentation of Sarcoma patient education programs. Attend Sarcoma and multidisciplinary tumor conferences, patient support groups, journal review meetings, continuing education nursing/medical conferences and other activities which promote professional growth and continuing education.
- Maintains accurate, legible, and confidential records for continuity of patient care and fulfillment of insurance billing requirements.
- Apply organizational policies, regulations, and procedures in administration of patient care.
- Hours: Day shift with evenings, weekends, and holiday rotation. Participate in night and weekend call as needed for additional pay, with a physician back-up, and shared among clinicians. Intermittent holiday, weekend, and evening coverage of infusion center/urgent care may be needed.
- Apply organizational policies, regulations, and procedures in administration of patient care. Participates in applicable training on systems as required.
- For finalist hired, Allied Health credentialing thru UCHealth medical staff office is required.
- The applicant may also assist in the care of patients with gastroenterology (GI), head and neck, and patients enrolled in Phase I clinical trials.
The salary range for this position has been established at $95,000 to $110,000 . The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Master's Degree in Nursing and/or a graduate of an Accredited Physician Assistant School is required.
- Current license to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse/Physician Assistant with prescriptive privileges in Colorado.
- Meets and maintains the requirements of the nursing requirements of the nursing credential review board for the advance practice nurse/physician assistant.
- Current license to practice professional nursing or as a Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado.
- Certified as a Nurse Practitioner/or as a Physician Assistant by a national professional organization
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Job Category:
- Preferred three years’ Oncology skillset and experience as a Clinical Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
- Clinical experience with Sarcoma patients and/or clinical trials is a plus.
Feb 17, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University