Public Health Diversity and Practice Coordinator position
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado School of Public Health | Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and Office of Public Health Practice | Public Health Diversity and Practice Coordinator
Position #781389 – Requisition #20234
The person hired will report to the Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion 50% of their time. They will be responsible for developing and facilitating activities and programs regarding the DEI mission. They will receive direction and guidance from the Associate Dean for DEI. They will play a critical role in the implementation of the school’s DEI plan and strategic plan initiatives. They will also support the efforts of the office to lead the efforts in building and fostering diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, anti-racist, anti-discrimination, and accessibility at the ColoradoSPH across the mission areas of teaching, research, and practice. The Office of Public Health Practice (PHP)
The person hired will report to the Associate Dean for Public Health Practice for the remaining 50% of their time. They will be responsible for developing and facilitating activities and programs regarding the PHP mission. They will receive direction and guidance from the Associate Dean for PHP and the Public Health Practice Committee Chair. Their duties will be focused on assisting with the implementation of the school’s strategic plan regarding public health practice. This will include supporting the Office of Public Health Practice which provides leadership, guidance, and technical assistance to the School on the entire spectrum of public health practice.The person hired into this position will be required to adhere to the University of Colorado’s Code of Conduct. You can review this policy at: APS 2027 - Code of Conduct | University of Colorado (cu.edu)Examples of Work Performed
Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Coordination (50%)
- Responsible for daily programmatic support for the Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion.
- Assist with the collection, analysis, quantification, and benchmarking of DEI data, trends, and other related information, including the creation of reports.
- Identify and track DEI metrics to evaluate strategic plan initiatives and objectives and provide quarterly/annual reporting.
- Develop and maintain a tracking system or database to evaluate the initiatives of the Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion.
- Working closely with leadership teams to create, design, implement & evaluate DEI strategic plans.
- Collaborate with the communication team to design, manage, and update relevant content on our website and utilize any other communication vehicles to brand and share our stories.
- Manage and coordinate all DEI events and trainings.
- Provide administrative support, including minutes and scheduling for the Inclusive Excellence committee.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Responsible for daily operations of the Office of Public Health Practice with direct support of the Associate Dean for Public Health Practice
- Assist with the collection, analysis, quantification, and benchmarking of PHP data, trends, and other related information, including the creation of reports.
- Identify and track PHP metrics to evaluate strategic plan initiatives and objectives and provide quarterly/annual reporting.
- Provide staffing support to the PHP Committee, including meeting minutes and scheduling and work with the Committee Chair to facilitate efforts related to implementation & evaluation of PHP strategic plan elements.
- Manage and coordinate PHP events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean for PHP.
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $50,000-$57,000 annually. This position is not eligible for overtime. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor’s degree in administration, business, diversity, equity, and inclusion, public health practices fields, or a directly related field.
- If a candidate is unable to meet the degree qualification, we will except a combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience. This may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in project planning and coordination.
The ideal candidate may demonstrate a track record or commitment for creating an environment supportive of diverse opinions, ideas, and leadership styles. In addition, the ideal candidate may have:
- A fundamental understanding of current issues and challenges facing individuals from underserved communities, including knowledge of how diversity, equity, and inclusion impacts individuals and organizational structures.
- A fundamental understanding of Colorado’s public health system, including state and local public health departments, non-profits, and Departments and Centers at the ColoradoSPH.
- Experience with group facilitation.
- Experience in multiple sectors of the public health systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of project evaluation.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set and adapt priorities in order to complete assignments within stated deadlines.
- Ability to manage work with staff, students, faculty, ColoradoSPH leadership and the community.
- Strong ability to work independently, and collaboratively.
- Excellent consultative skills and abilities to communicate and collaborate effectively across varied stakeholder audiences, including senior organizational leaders
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 17, 2021
Unposting Date: Mar 10, 2021, 12:59:00 AM