Senior Instructor (Nurse Practitioner)
University of Colorado – School of MedicineSenior Instructor
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Ob-Gyn, division of Maternal Fetal Medicine has an opening for a 0.7 FTE Senior Instructor (Nurse Practitioner). The NP must demonstrate the skills and capability for providing care for high-risk obstetrical patients, including patient history, physical examination, and assessment and plan based on sound medical judgement. The NP should also demonstrate the skills to manage the high risk prenatal patients in both the inpatient and outpatient setting including: patient education, basic family planning, counseling and treatment of urgent care problems under the guidance of a Perinatologist’s and utilization of approved guidelines and should demonstrate ability to communicate closely and knowledgeably with primary care providers, specialists, and members of the high risk obstetric team, to meet comprehensive needs of patients. Must be able to practice independently. Must possess demonstrated initiative and history of continuing education in primary care knowledge and skills.Duties:Specific duties/skills include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as a provider of OB care for established MFM patients in the outpatient clinic.
- Limited ultrasounds, including growth and dating scans.
- Biophysical profiles
- Amniotic fluid index checks
- Cervical length measurements
- Provide triage for patients being referred from primary care providers and determine in which clinic the patient should be scheduled.
- Assist with facilitating patient access into our outpatient network of care.
- Participate in departmental meetings.
- Participate in research, as desired, including accessing the departmental database.
- Track clinical metrics pertaining to MFM clinic.
- Master’s degree in Nursing required
- Nurse Practitioner certification and Furnishing license required
- current Colorado licensure required
- One or more years of Ob-Gyn Nurse Practitioner clinical experience to include examination, procedures, emergency care and health education in the perinatal/high-risk area of obstetrics.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 16, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing