Research Services Entry Professional
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine – Department of Medicine, Division of Hospital Medicine
Research Services Entry Professional
Position # 00780857 – Requisition #20217
The Division of Hospital Medicine (DHM) is seeking an entry-level Research Services Professional to assist with administrative and regulatory duties related to quality improvement, program evaluation, and research projects conducted within the inpatient setting. The DHM strives to provide exceptional quality patient care in a caring, cost appropriate manner while advancing the science of hospital medicine through a commitment to education and research. Professional Field
Administration, Research Operations, Data and AnalyticsSupervision Received
We are looking for a talented, energetic, highly motivated individual to work in the professional field of Hospital Medicine. This position joins a 3 person data and analytics team under the oversight of the Data and Analytics Director. This position will report directly to our Data and Analytics Project Coordinator.Supervision Exercised
None.Examples of Work Performed
Data and Analytics Job Duties (65%):
- Coordinates and submits IRB applications, continuing reviews, and amendments for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Assists with both quantitative and qualitative data collection (observational data, survey administration, and specimen collection) and enters data into data systems, including Qualtrics and REDCap.
- Coordinates and schedules participant and investigator activities across sites and projects.
- Collaborates with team members, which may involve students and other trainees.
- Leads subject recruitment for relevant projects.
- Maintains contact with subjects and collects data to ensure protocol compliance.
- Maintains accurate and updated study binders and subject records.
- Tracks subject participation in projects and assures the integrity of data by developing and maintaining databases.
- Compiles study data for presentations, papers, and grant applications.
- Assists with the tracking and appropriate billing for project expenses.
- Supports Faculty Advancement Committee and related tasks.
- Works with administrative team to maintain updated recruiting evaluations and materials.
- Facilitates communications and progress reporting for DHM Small Grant awards.
- Maintains/updates licenses and software for shared DHM equipment used for quality improvement, program evaluation, and research projects.
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $43,830.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- The minimum qualifications required for this Entry-Level Research Services Professional position:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-care field, biological science, or related field of study.
- Minimum of one year related experience in quality improvement, research and/or experience in a healthcare setting is desired.
- Proficient with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) preferred.
- Familiarity with Epic and bilingual (English and Spanish) abilities are preferred.
- Basic education in research GCP, institutional review board submissions, and CITI training.
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheet and database programs and other Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and learn protocol adherence, general research practices, rules of patient confidentiality and study protocols.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Feb 16, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing