Senior Director of Development
Job no: 515749
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Advancement, Executive/Director/Management
Department:29011500 - MD-ALUMNI AFFAIRS
SR DIR, DevelopmentJob Description:
The Senior Director of Development plays an important role as a member of a highly collaborative development team within the UF Health Office of Development in support of the research, education, and clinical care missions of the UF Health Cancer Center. Under the leadership of the Senior Director of Development for UF Health, and reporting to the UF Health Cancer Center (UFHCC) Director, this position is responsible for the creation and implementation of a broad range of philanthropic strategies to cultivate and solicit private support for the UFHCC and associated departments and divisions serving the research community in meeting the needs of our patients, family members, and caregivers. This position will build and maintain key strategic partnerships with UFHCC senior leadership, UF and UF Health research faculty, UF Health clinician-scientists, and community stakeholders, as well as collaborating UF Advancement (UFA) colleagues.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
Engagement & Strategic Initiatives
Salary commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Master's degree in appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree in appropriate areas of specialization and eight years of experience.
Valid Florida driver's license.Preferred Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 6-8 years of major gift fundraising experience with documented success in cultivating and soliciting major gifts of $100,000 and above from individual and corporate prospects with campaign experience.
- Prior experience in an academic medical center or comprehensive cancer research center is strongly preferred. Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods, and standards.
- Expertise in developing solicitation strategies.
- The ability to work strategically, develop and implement constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers.
- Ability to work collaboratively and a team player
- Competency in problem solving.
- Must be an outstanding communicator and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace in all its forms; proven success working with stakeholders; project management skills; experience in a data-driven environment; organizational skills; and the ability to lead, influence and motivate others are required.
- Working knowledge in these areas: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, internet browsers, preferably Internet Explorer, E-mail. Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system.
- The ability and willingness to travel. A valid driver's license and good driving record are essential.*
*Business expenses are reimbursed through a standard accounting system. The ability to pay for expenses using your own personal credit card or funds and have them reimbursed is essential.Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and list of three references.
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) Training is required upon employment.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 16 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 28 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time