Research Administrator III
Job no: 515792
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Jacksonville Campus
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:30010100 - JX-DEAN-ADMINISTRATION
Research Administrator IIIJob Description:
The primary duties for this position include but are not limited to providing resources and support CHEER faculty and staff in the area of research administration and grants management including:
- Assist investigators in the preparation, review, and input into UFIRST or sponsor portals of documents for grant submissions
- Provide post award administration and financial management of research portfolio
- Responsible for the preparation of IRB applications for center related projects and other IRB projects
- Assist in identifying new funding opportunities
- Assist in database development and data integrity
Coordinate marketing and communications activities including maintaining the CHEER website, writing annual reports and other CHEER and ORA informational materials.
Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the projects and ensure all policies are adhered to by CHEER staff under his/her supervision. Additional tasks can include managing records of organization activity and contributing to written reports and guidelines.
Assist in project management including organizing planning meeting with investigators, coordinating research activities including organizing focus groups, assisting in participant recruitment, and preparing study documents.
Coordinate the patient centered research collaborative including assisting in recruiting members, organizing meetings, keeping minutes; sending updates to members and coordinating activities.
Coordinate with UF enterprise administrative offices related to center activities and initiatives, as well as other ORA designated programs and initiatives.
$55,000+ Depending on Education and ExperienceMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and three years of experience in grant and contract administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience managing and/or coordinating projects and grants with a good understanding of research procedures,
- Ability to handle multiple projects with critical deadlines and changing priorities simultaneously and accurately.
- Knowledge of NIH and other federal agency funding mechanisms and procedures;
- Knowledge of accepted procedures and ethical, confidential practices;
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal, communication, writing, research and editorial skills.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) March 01, 2021Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 16 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 01 Mar 2021 Eastern Standard Time