OPS Diagnostic Imaging Technician Assistant
Job no: 515803
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine
Department:28313500 - VM-RADIOLOGY
Diagnostic Imaging Technician AssistantJob Description:
The primary role of the assistant is to support the veterinarians and veterinary technicians so they can focus on their responsibilities. Primary duties will assist the veterinary technicians, students, and doctors. As part of the patient care team it is important to communicate in a warm and friendly manner to all parties, be proactive in understanding what is happening with the patient, and ask frequently “how can I help?” All parties of the patient care team should promote teamwork within the service and with lateral services to meet the needs of our patients and effectively support team members.
Examples of this include but not limited to the following:
- Transporting and positioning for Diagnostic Imaging in small and large animal radiology.
- Properly identify patients and safely transport patient to and from diagnostic areas.
- Assist in monitoring patients while in Diagnostic Imaging.
- Use proper restraint techniques while assisting with patient handling
- Weigh patients and ensure their weight is accurate in the medical record and RIS
- Basic understanding of CPR and the assistants role
- Demonstrate the knowledge and use of ALARA in regards to radiation safety
- Help students with RIS orders and PACS use.
- Help students find answers to questions that are not in your knowledge base by redirecting them to an appropriate person.
- Demonstrate a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Ensure students evaluate clinical instructors and the service while keeping results confidential
- Communicate with professional dialect maintaining a positive helpful attitude with appropriate body language.
- Direct concerns to appropriate person as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to receive feedback, positive or negative, gracefully and use it for professional growth.
Clerical and Administrative Duties
This position will act as support and back up to the program assistant and manager to ensure clerical and administrative tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position needs to foster positivity, respect, and trust and be able to work independently and efficiently. Strive to build cohesive relationships among staff, students, and clients by creating a culture of dialogue and inviting thoughts and ideas to discuss.
Hospital Cleanliness and General Service Support
Responsible for not compromising and adhering to the required levels of cleanliness throughout the service while creating a safe and accident free environment. Abiding by infection control protocols is of utmost importance for the safety of our patients and staff. The overall aesthetics of the hospital area is a direct reflection on the high quality care we provide so it is important the areas are kept in pristine condition.
Examples of work include but are not limited to the following:
- Practice appropriate infection control by managing biohazardous patient care items and lab specimens appropriately
- Maintain and keep all work and break areas cleaned and organized
- Maintain equipment within room and report broken or malfunctioning equipment to the appropriate manager
- Check drugs and supplies for expiration date and stock supplies when needed
- Submit work orders as needed to the appropriate hospital personnel and notify the manager of the submission
- Ensure cages and runs including drains, grates, and doors are cleaned every day and as needed
- Sweep and mop floors
- Disinfect and clean equipment
- Take out trash and recyclables
- Assist with processing laundry as needed
- Ensure that equipment is turned off appropriately as needed.
- Ensure area is locked at the end of the day
Starting salary is $12.00 - $13.00 per hourMinimum Requirements:
High School diploma or equivalentPreferred Qualifications:
This job might be for you if:
- You like helping people.
- You are okay with repetitive work
- You are a problem solver. You rarely get flustered and if you do not know the answer, you will investigate it until you do.
- You are motivated and driven. You are the first to volunteer for new challenges. You want to make a difference and find ways to improve the job.
- You thrive on staying busy and helping out others
In order to be considered, you must upload your resume.
Normal hours of operation for the service are M-F 8:00am - 6:00pm. Please list any days/times that you may not be able to work or cover a shift if needed.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Must be able to lift minimum of fifty pounds, bend, kneel, pull, push, twist, and stand for extended periods of time.
Advertised: 16 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 01 Mar 2021 Eastern Standard Time