Administrative Support Assistant II
Job no: 515808
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Office/Clerical, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:36020000 - PHHP-COM EPIDEMIOLOGY
Administrative Support Assistant IIJob Description:
This position is located in the Department of Epidemiology, jointly housed in the College of Public Health and Health Professions and the College of Medicine. The successful applicant will support the administrative needs of the department.
- Incumbent will be responsible for answering all main departmental lines and receiving messages appropriately. Must screen calls for importance and relay information to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Submit PHHP Travel Authorization Requests (TARs) and prepare travel reimbursements for department faculty, and any other tasks as required by the traveler.
- Individual will sort mail and maintain department mailboxes.
- Serve as point of contact for ordering and storing departmental supplies, maintaining printer area and facilitating any printer needs.
- Responsible for assisting the Seminar committee including but not limited to arranging for travel for the seminar speaker, creating agendas and setting up meetings, escorting speaker to meetings, preparing for seminar (reserving rooms, invitations, etc.), and for reception arrangements (catering, invitations). Individual will also collect and prepare speakers’ travel expense reports which includes obtaining receipts and completing internal travel expense statement.
- Assist with distributing special event announcements through listservs.
- Provide departmental support for reserving fourth floor conference rooms and shared space, maintaining a kitchen cleaning schedule, assisting with office gatherings and celebrations, and cleaning out spaces where faculty/students/staff have left, etc.
- Manage faculty leave including but not limited to collection of leave applications, reviewing for accuracy, and routing to the Chair for approval.
- Responsible for working with the Administrative Specialist II in writing monthly newsletter articles distributed by the College regarding recent news and events in the department.
- Support for the Chair: Manage calendar and travel for the Department Chair, schedule meeting with the Chair, take meeting minutes as needed, provide administrative support for personnel and academic program management including directed student, employee, and constituent communication, meeting minutes, demographic and related data collections and tabulation, and organization of activities and materials.
- Provide administrative support for departmental meetings including scheduling, preparing agenda and, taking and distributing meeting minutes.
- Provide administrative support to chair, faculty, and other staff for personnel and academic program management including directed student, employee, and constituent communication, demographic and related data collection and tabulation, and organization of activities and materials.
- Department of Epidemiology Website support including but not limited to posting current job openings, posting faculty and student publications, student accomplishments, and seminar announcements.
- Ensure that all faculty have up-to-date CVs and bios posted appropriately on the website, which includes maintaining monthly faculty CV tracker.
Assist with other duties as assigned.Expected Salary:
$16.28 - $20.11 per hour, commensurate with education, skills and experienceMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and four years of appropriate experiencePreferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s with at least two years of relevant experience in a health care environment.
• High level of professionalism and integrity.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills (including the MS Office Suite).
• Experience with Web navigation tools and programs.
• Must be able to work independently, maintain confidentiality, and exercise good judgment at all times.
• Experience working in a research or academic setting desirable.
• Willingness and ability to learn new tasks, be resourceful and a problem solver.
• High level of attention to detail essential.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This is a time-limited position.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 16 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time