Custodial Worker I
Job no: 515813
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:07110000 - HO-TOLBERT AREA
Custodial Worker IJob Description:
The Department of Housing and Residence Life is looking for a Custodial Worker I. Responsible to the Custodial Supervisor within the assigned area. Perform proper and timely completion of assigned cleaning tasks. Assist in achieving and maintaining the highest level of sanitation, cleanliness, and appearance of all residence halls and apartments. Performing the required cleaning tasks include moving 45 pounds or more, climbing stairs, operating mechanical and electrically powered cleaning equipment, and other types of physical exertion necessary to task completion. Wear a uniform and an identification badge furnished by the University of Florida (UF). Primary cleaning assignments are restrooms, lounges, and floors in residence halls. May be required to work Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays due to the necessity of maintaining sanitary living conditions.
Specific duties include:
Performs cleaning tasks in assigned areas in accordance with established procedures. Cleans such areas as student rooms, bathrooms, offices, public access areas, stairs, elevators, shower rooms, restrooms, tubs, laundry rooms, trash rooms, recreation rooms, storage areas, ironing rooms, building entrances, linen rooms, and outside areas adjacent to assigned buildings.
- Operates electrically powered cleaning equipment.
- Cleans student rooms between semesters.
- Cleans apartments as required.
- Collects and removes trash.
- Empties sanitary receptacles.
- Maintains assigned equipment; ensures operational readiness.
- Reports items which require maintenance.
- Reports unsafe and unusual conditions.
- Washes windows. Dusts and cleans offices taking necessary precautions not to disrupt office contents.
- Cleans common areas and laundry rooms.
$15.00 per hour.Minimum Requirements:
Completion of ninth grade.Preferred Qualifications:
ABILITIES: Ability to operate mechanical and electrically powered cleaning equipment
- Ability to climb (including stairs)
- Ability to reach above shoulder frequently
- Ability to lift/move heavy objects weighing 45 pounds or more
- Ability to kneel
- Ability to bend repeatedly
- Ability to pull and push repetitively
- Ability to perform other types of physical exertion necessary for task completion
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: None notedSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. with a 30 minute meal period.
Some overtime and work on weekends will be required, especially during the peak times (e.g. spring checkout, fall opening/closing, hurricane season and football season and other time frames as identified.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 17 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time