Post-doc #0262Posting Number:
Full-timeIs this a temporary Position?:
YesJob Description Summary:
- Deployment and monitoring biosampler devices, coordinate sample collection/extraction
- Microbiological analysis of bioaerosol samples (qPCR, sequencing, etc.)
- Bioinformatics analysis of airborne pathogens and antimicrobial drug resistance
- Contribute to the design of next-generation bioaerosol sensing device
- Research documentation, preparation of manuscripts, participation to proposal development
- Overview the work of graduate and undergraduate researchers
- Assists with other projects and administrative duties
- Ph. D. degree in aerosol science, environmental engineering, mechanical engineering, molecular biology, chemistry, or a relevant field.
- Experience and expertise in one or more areas of bioaerosol analysis, molecular biology techniques, bioinformatics, biosensor and biomolecular probe design
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills (e.g., conference presentations, peer-reviewed publications)
- An experience in quantitative PCR, next-generation sequencing (Illumina and/or Oxford Nanopore technology), rapid detection of bacterial and viral agents, microbiome analysis using bioinformatics tools such as QIIME
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct experiments independently or with limited guidance
The physical demand characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Open Date:
03/15/2021Open Until Filled:
YesApplicant Review Start Date:
02/22/2021Projected Start Date:
03/15/2021Special Instructions for this Posting:
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson University actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).