Technical Craft Specialist A - IT Helpdesk Support Specialist
Technical Craft Specialist A - IT Helpdesk Support SpecialistRequisition Number:
The Technical Craft Specialist A – IT Helpdesk Support Specialist is responsible for providing IT technical support for the College’s 4IT Support Helpdesk center’s Level 1 and 2 campus-wide technical support for faculty, staff and students. While providing exceptional customer service, this position resolves support service requests via telephone, email, walk-in or via remote desktop control; and filters, articulates, logs, and/or escalates more complex issues to the appropriate support level(s). Performs problem recognition, research, isolation, and resolution steps for all client requests for technology services support and communicates efficient and effective feedback to all clients requesting assistance.Specific Responsibilities:
• Gather and analyze information regarding technical issues.
• Respond to telephone, email and walk-in requests for technical support or assistance in a timely manner, ensuring appropriate customer service at all times.
• Log all requests for support using electronic ticketing systems and handles all requests to full closure.
• Diagnose and correct desktop computing problems which may result from system failure, system configuration, system errors, operator errors or operator inexperience whenever possible via the phone, in person or remote desktop support.
• Reset passwords and unlock accounts effectively, clear print queues and log all incoming calls for service into helpdesk, incorporating college acceptable use policies.
• Install, build, support, maintain, and diagnose hardware, software and network components, needed to support academic and administrative desktop computers, as directed.
• Ensure the integrity of support procedures, processes, and documentation pertaining to the college-wide technical support initiatives.
• Communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and administrators at all levels, technical and non-technical, to determine and ensure all support needs are met.
• Work with ITS management, faculty, and staff to affect repair or replacement of failed equipment, both in or out of warranty, ensuring proper reimbursement of warranty related items.
• Deliver quality customer service to all internal constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Work independently, determining priorities in unusual or emergency situations and effectively escalating matters to appropriate resources.
• Work collaboratively with college-wide resources, and/or vendors to diagnose, isolate and resolve desktop computing problems as directed.
• Assist with the maintenance of the inventory and deployment of hardware and software college-wide, as directed.
• Maintain industry standards certifications in support of the installed base equipment at the College.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
• A High School diploma or its equivalent (GED) required.
• At least five (5) years direct experience supporting Dell, Apple/Mac personal computers, mobile/tablet devices, and mobile applications in a professional work environment using IOS, MS Windows, and the MS Office Suite of applications for both Windows or Apple/Mac.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service and professionalism is required.
• Demonstrated commitment to detail and follow-through.
• A + certification is required.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Must be able to lift a sixty (60) pound parcel from floor to a desktop height as needed.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.Preferred Qualifications:
• Associates degree or equivalent course work is preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• At least two (2) years experience working in a Microsoft AD environment is preferred.
• At least two (2) years’ experience working with JamF, Adobe Creative Cloud, and AWS are preferred.
• Microsoft MCTA or MSCA certification is preferred.
• Industry standard technical certifications on Dell computers and peripherals are preferred.
• Experience installing and configuring hardware/software is preferred.
• Experience with Zoom, GoToMyPC, and Apple Macintosh IOS is preferred.
• Experience working with and supporting Mac OS and solving computer/mobile device-related problems (Apple Genius experience is a plus).Work Location:
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on February 25, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank:
$18.90 - $24.99Job Posting Open Date:
02/02/2021Type of Position:
ClassifiedEmployment Status :