Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-17
The University of Virginia is seeking an Instructional Designer to join our Human Resources team. As a key member of the Talent Management Team, the Instructional Designer requires experience developing digital learning solutions and utilizing Learning Management Systems to support learners in a variety of settings.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Instructional Designer is an integral role on the Learning Design and Technology team which supports Workday Learning for UVA Academic and UVA Health. You will assist the Learning team as a point of contact for digital content inquiries, develop digital solutions for programs, and provide tier 2 user support on the Learning Management System (LMS). In addition to your work with the Learning team, you will help develop media supporting additional training initiatives, including WalkMe, technical training, and basic website maintenance.
EXPERIENCE AND EXPECTATIONS
Digital Learning Solutions
- Experience developing eLearning,
- Demonstrated proficiency with eLearning software (i.e.: Articulate 360, Captivate, Camtasia, or similar applications),
- Experience creating storyboards and imagery out of ideas, and interestingly presenting facts,
- Experience developing digital learning solutions, using a variety of traditional and electronic methods, including eLearning, webinars, classroom training, and blended learning in individual, small, and large group settings,
- Demonstrated ability to develop interactive modules modeling technical click-throughs.
Communication and Management
- Provide LMS end-user support in Salesforce,
- Evaluate and maintain learning content, updates, and revisions in collaboration with subject-matter experts (SME),
- Communicate clearly with various project stakeholders and groups.
Visual Design and Media Development
- Visual and artistic talents (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PowerPoint, Canva, or similar applications),
- Curiosity and commitment to creativity, testing new ideas, and innovation in the area of learning and development.
Web Design, Analysis, Planning, and Usability
- Ability to wireframe/layout a website or web application,
- Proficiency with WordPress/Drupal, HTML, and CSS,
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple stakeholders,Experience analyzing user data.
Education: Advanced degree with at least one year of experience in a professional position, Bachelor's degree with at least two years of experience, or a high school diploma with at least four years of relevant experience. Preference will be given to applications received by March 6, 2021.
The successful candidate will pass a background check. PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for ‘Instructional Designer.’ Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, search for Requisition R0021902, complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. For information regarding the position or the application process, please contact Michele Jarman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.