Salary: $5,199.00 - $6,577.00 Monthly
Job Number: 201700235
Closing: 3/12/2021 12:00 PM Pacific
Location: Merced, CA
Department: Information Technology Systems
Interviews tentatively scheduled in March
Merced College is a midsized community college located in California's Central Valley. Founded in 1962, the college serves more than 16,000 students with room to expand on its 267-acre main campus and 120 acre Los Banos site. Merced, incorporated in 1889, offers historical sites, affordable housing, access to the Bay Area and Sacramento, and is the Gateway to Yosemite National Park and the Sierra mountains as well as home to the University of California Merced campus. Our tree-shaded, growing community of just over 80,000 includes multiple biking and walking trails as well as access to several lakes - large and small - throughout the county.
As a member of the Information Technology Services Department, the programmer analyst supports the college community's ERP system and related applications. You will be working with end-users from various campus departments along with your ITS colleagues. If you are a team player, enjoy a fast-paced-fun environment, and are passionate about your work, we encourage you to apply and become part of the ITS team!
Merced College Vision
Merced College will provide transformative and empowering educational experiences to meet student and community needs.
Merced College Mission
Growing our community through education and workforce training:
The Programmer Analyst position provides technical, procedural, and business process support for the district-wide enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and related applications with which they interface. Job requirements may include systems analysis, applications development, documentation creation, training and support to end-users.
Examples of Duties
- Collaborates with a variety of departments supporting end-users, in developing, analyzing, and reviewing reports to fulfill federal, state, and institutional compliance, timelines, and reporting requirements
- Conducts data analysis needs for the purpose of providing information, in support of research projects, data collection and accountability requirements
- Creates and maintains a variety of software applications through the use of high-level programming languages such as; Envision, SQL, .Net, ASP.Net, C#, VP.Net and/or C++, fulfilling end-user and system requirements
- Troubleshoots, analyzes, and resolves system and software problems
- Supports the systems analyst with the implementation of software updates by testing and identifying potential conflicts
- Participates in meetings, workshops, and conferences for the purpose of professional development, conveying and gathering information required to perform project initiatives and decision-making
- Provides training for the purpose of ensuring the efficient use of the ERP system and related applications
- Plans and manages assigned tasks and projects
- Reviews, interprets, and creates technical documentation
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- The functions of the job include but are not limited to current generation and emerging programming methodology; operating systems; connectivity software systems; and programming editors
- Schedule activities and/or meetings
- Routinely gather, collate, and/or classify data
- Interact with others using tact, patience, courtesy, and effective listening skills
- Ability to work effectively and demonstrate currency of knowledge with computers and other forms of advanced technology utilized in providing high-quality services
- Problem solve, identify issues and create action plans
- Analyze data, reason logically, draw valid conclusions, and develop effective solutions to system problems
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
- Bachelor's degree AND two (2) years of applicable experience OR
- Associate's degree AND five (5) years of applicable experience OR
- The equivalent education and experience
Two or more years of job related experience within a specialized field including one year of experience in a high-level programming language (e.g. Envision, SQL, .Net, ASP.Net, C#, VP.Net and /or C++)
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with some travel to different sites; incumbents may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends
- Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels
- Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand normal conversation
- Ability to read printed matter and computer screens
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to bend and twist, stoop, kneel, crawl, push, pull
- Ability to reach in all directions
- Ability to work at a desk, conference table or in meetings of various configurations
- Ability to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination, including use of a computer keyboard
See in the normal visual range with or without correction
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
How to Apply:
Those applicants deemed highly qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, interviews will be scheduled via Zoom. Applicants are required to ensure access to the necessary technology to participate in a Zoom interview.
The District pays (with small contribution from employee) health, prescription, vision and dental insurance premiums for the employee and dependents. Life and income protection insurance premiums are provided for the employee only. Sick leave and retirement benefits are also provided.
Condition of Employment:
The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. Merced College does not sponsor visas. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office.
Merced Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/jobs/2978763/programmer-analyst
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency