Writing Programs Lecturer
Writing Programs Lecturer
University of California Los Angeles
Requisition Number: JPF06198
UCLA Writing Programs seeks lecturers to teach a range of writing and/or multilingual writing courses that serve a diverse student body. Appointments may be full-time, part-time, quarterly, or annually with the possibility of renewal contingent upon review, need, and funding. We welcome candidates who possess a record of teaching excellence, professional engagement in the field of composition and/or ESL, and evidence of a strong commitment to diversity, inclusive pedagogy, student success, and higher education access.
We are particularly interested in candidates who have:
We also welcome candidates with professional writing expertise in areas that include, but are not limited to, business, science, technology, digital writing and multimedia, editing, and grant and proposal writing.
Please submit the following:
1) 1-2 page Cover Letter/Personal Statement -- Please address the following:
2) Curriculum Vitae -- Please note that we are most interested in your experiences related to composition pedagogy or the teaching of multilingual students. You may include presentations/publications related to other fields but while these achievements speak to your success as an academic, we are focused on your qualities as a teacher of writing and communication.
3) Syllabus -- The syllabus you submit should clearly reflect your teaching practice, be a roadmap for students taking the course, and clearly lay out what students can expect to learn.
4) 1-2 page Description of Pedagogical Training and Experience -- Briefly describe any significant pedagogical training and/or experience you have had with the following types of courses (focusing primarily on the first two types).
5) 1-2 page Diversity Statement -- This statement will discuss how you have addressed issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion in your teaching—in terms of both content and practice. What do you see as the most compelling issues needing to be addressed in your program or on your campus? In what ways do you see yourself contributing to these efforts?
6) List of 3 references with contact information
7) Classroom observations (optional) -- If you would like to include a recent observation of your classroom teaching, we will accept a maximum of two
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and Writing Programs has a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: UC Nondiscrimination and Affirmative Action Policy.
To apply, please visit: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF06198
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy, https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/DiscHarassAffirmAction