Football Quality Control, Offense (5173U) 15488
Football Quality Control, Offense (5173U) 15488 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: February 26, 2021
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking two Football Quality Control position to work with our Football staff for the Offense and Special Teams.
Involves developing, promoting, and supporting the operational and strategic aspects of intercollegiate student-athlete programs, including planning and scheduling. Candidate must have a working knowledge of the daily operations of an NCAA Division I football office. This candidate will work directly with the coaching staff, Assistant AD for Football Administration, and the Recruiting Office on a daily basis. Candidate must have the ability and knowledge to break down opponent's schemes, create detailed reports, complete daily office tasks, create and maintain practice plans and game plans, create playbooks and game books, and assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
- Work with the coaching staff in the off-season to plan, create, and implement philosophies for the football team.
- Assist in the creation of the playbook for assigned areas (offense, defense, special teams). Work with each position coach to synthesize their input into the playbook.
- Assist the coaching staff in creating a game plan and strategy for each opponent.
- Assist with grading after each practice. Independently input and edit video from each practice into XOS video system. Sit in on teams meetings, synthesize information, and assist with opponent scouting.
- Assist coaching staff with identification of prospective student-athletes.
- At the request of the coaching staff, will be responsible for grading and scouting video of potential student-athletes. Responsible for assisting with hosting unofficial and official visits.
- Break down each opponent's game plan and schemes.
- Create a practice game plan that replicates the opponent's game plan.
- Assist the Head Coach, recruiting staff, and operations staff with any projects as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Prior experience working in NCAA Division 1 Football program.
- In depth understanding of football concepts (i.e. route trees, blocking schemes, blitz packages, etc.) and ability to interpret and create a playbook.
- Understanding of NCAA recruiting rules and regulations.
- Problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions, and an effective listener.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of basic computer applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within demanding timeframes.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- Thorough knowledge of the athletic program, including its achievements, mission, vision, goals, objectives and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of applicable Pac-12 and NCAA rules and regulations.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
We are hiring for (2) full-time 1 year contract positions.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=15488&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency