Accounts Payable Financial Analyst 3 (4628U) 15467
Accounts Payable Financial Analyst 3 (4628U) 15467 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: March 2nd, 2021
Accounts Payable (Disbursements) has campuswide responsibility for the processing, analysis, reconciliation, and problem-solving related to accounts payable transactions. We provide systems support, policies, procedures, and training to facilitate the processing of approximately 650,000 annual payables transactions including:
- Non-PO Payment Requests
- Travel & Entertainment Reimbursements
- Other Non-Payroll Disbursements
We are committed to giving prompt, courteous service to faculty, staff, students, and vendors within the guidelines of University of California policies and in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
Under the direction of the Accounts Payable Manager, the Accounts Payable Financial Analyst 3 assists in monitoring department controls, and compliance with campus policies and procedures. This position involves ensuring the accuracy of a wide variety of accounts payable and financial transactions and services. The Accounts Payable Analyst 3 is independently responsible for research, analysis and troubleshooting to resolve highly complicated reconciliation issues. This position must have strong systems knowledge and experience, including the ability to resolve integration errors between the Jaggaer (“BearBuy”) system and PeopleSoft (“Berkeley Financial System”).
- Provides ongoing value added analysis and monitoring of accounts payable transactions to enhance business processes, reduce risk and ensure compliance with campus policies and procedures
- Troubleshooting - assists users in resolving accounts payable transaction questions in BearBuy and/or BFS
- Research - ability to use query tools to gather information and prepare reports; ability to summarize information in a clear format
- System Integration - sufficient understanding of both systems to research and resolve integration errors between BearBuy and BFS
- Tax Errors - ability to research tax errors and to prepare financial journals fixing tax issues, if required
- Withholding - sufficient understanding of withholding requirements to accurately calculate and research withholding issues
- Customer support - delivers high-quality customer service to campus users and external vendors
- Liaison with Procurement and department users to answer questions or resolve problems with invoice processing
- Researches, develops, documents and implements new and changing business processes
- Reviews, audits, and approves complex financial transactions
- Accounting - In depth general accounting and/or accounts payable experience; fund accounting knowledge; ability to perform high-level financial analysis
- University Procedures - High-level knowledge of financial processes, policies and procedures
- Information Systems - Demonstrated proficiency working with computer and information management systems, including PeopleSoft financial applications, Jaggaer procurement system, Google Docs and the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Database/Spreadsheet - Demonstrated expertise in the use of spreadsheet and database software in financial analysis and financial reporting
- Problem Solving and Organization - Very strong organizational, problem solving, and customer service skills. Excellent math skills, attention to detail, critical thinking, and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Analytical - Demonstrated strong ability to analyze financial data, summarize information and present it in a logical format.
- Interpersonal - Good interpersonal skills to work with diverse groups; ability to work under pressure of deadlines and multitask in an environment of changing priorities.
- Communication and Customer Service - Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to clearly explain accounts payable issues to a diverse campus community in a manner that is easily understood; strong customer service focus.
- Leadership skills to provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to professional and support staff.
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=15467&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency