UMHC XR CLINIC ASSISTANT - GREETER
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-02-16
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami Hospital & Clinic Radiology Department has an exciting opportunity for a Patient Clinic Assistant / Greeter.
The Clinic Assistant Greeter functions to coordinate flow for patients with Radiology appointments within Uhealth System. The Greeter will greet patient arrived in the department, aid technologist with preparation of patients prior to, during, and following radiology procedures. Candidate will provide information to patients/family members in response to basic issues or questions pertaining to radiology. Independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative are essential in addition to responsibility for designated areas. Employee must adhere to PHI “minimum necessary” compliance standards at all times.
- Receive patients to the department, verifies patient identity and explain the nature of the examination and answer patient questions as necessary.
- Greet visitors to the department and direct them to appropriate individuals.
- Assist patients in completing various documents if necessary.
- Give all cleared paper work to technologist and check on wait time prior to informing patient.
- Directs patient to the exam room and prepares patient for imaging.
- Assists technologists in imaging preparations as needed.
- Assists with keeping the Imaging area neat, clean, and organized.
- Attends telephone calls utilizing the proper phone etiquette standards, transfer calls and relay phone messages as necessary
- Assist with processing of outside films.
- Print schedule at end of shift, and cross reference patient arrival versus pending appointments.
- Collaborate in confirming appointments for following day.
- Edit all pending appointments to perspective status on RIS (i.e. cancel, no-show) at the end of shift.
- Utilize the Uchart & Radiology Information System (RIS) to Arrive, Schedule, Cancel, Reschedule patients.
- Scan related documents, previous reports and confirmation sheets into the RIS – Folder specific.
- Complies with departmental, and university policies and procedures.
- Reports unusual incidents in a timely manner to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- One year patient related medical experience required
High School Diploma
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Part timeEmployee Type:Temporary-IntermittentPay Grade:h81