Per Diem Clinic Assistant
Job location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-02-16
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami UMHC/ Deerfield has an exciting opportunity for a Per-diem Clinic Assistant Greeter.
The Clinic Assistant Greeter works directly with patients and healthcare workers to schedule appointments and facilitate the needs of patients within the department. Takes responsibility for securing necessary medical records information; follows up as needed. Performs a variety of office clerical duties as assigned.
- Telephone responsibilities include, but are not limited to speaking to the patient, obtaining medical history during scheduling to document in UChart
- Making modifications to scheduling template when equipment maintenance is necessary
- Review exam requested in virtual manual to ensure accuracy of scheduled appointment
- Confirm appointments with patients scheduling for the same day or next day appointment. Ensure that any MR contraindications are cleared. Notify the confirmation representative of all confirmations pending. If the patient is in clinic or their physician’s office, fax or email the MR prescreening form of clearance. Notify MR staff via email of the add-on to follow up on clearance and insurance authorization
- Notify on-site insurance verifier via email of same day or next day appointments. Inform patient of any pending authorization and deductible requirements on their behalf prior to having exam performed
- Scan patients order in UChart or link to the accession number with any additional necessary documentation (e.i. operative reports, clearance forms, previous reports)
- Explains consents for Imaging and HIPAA (if applicable) to patients
- Keeps patients informed of delays in departmental workflow and advises technologist or manager if patient requires additional service recovery
- Communicates with physician as needed
- Assembles, completes, and processes patients' charts as indicated
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Maintains an accurate clinical record, recording information per hospital policy.
- Performs patient call back as needed
- Assists with receiving, distributing, and sorting supplies as appropriate
- Reports unusual incidents in a timely manner to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Has broad and deep knowledge of own area as well as related areas
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and staff
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) years relevant experience. Experience in a medical office or hospital preferred.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Part timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:h81