Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-16
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Marketing Specialist will develop and manage all marketing and communication activities designed to effectively promote the programs and services of the department. The incumbent for this position will delegate and supervise work performed by student staff, vendors and contractors, as well as assess the results/success of all marketing efforts. This position serves as the editor-in-chief for all internal and external communications, and will also manage the development and production of all external publications and collateral materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage marketing and communication projects for all programs and services.
- Write or edit, direct the design of, publish and distribute marketing and communication materials designed to meet the marketing and communication objectives of the department.
- Manage all activities to produce these materials including procurement.
- Maintain familiarity with all departmental programs and services and update all communication resources accordingly.
- Serve as editor for all departmental newsletters. Responsible for promoting, updating, and responding to all social media.
- Develop the content of the department’s website. Monitor information to assure the web site is accurate, timely and in compliance with the needs and interests of various audiences seeking information about the organization.
- Manage and update all the content on the Fusion portal and FusionGo app. Maximize the functionality of the software to include notifications, news, calendar updates, pictures and other communication features of the software.
- Develop advertising messages and promotional campaigns for the organization.
- Develop tracking systems that evaluate the effectiveness of marketing programs and projects implemented by the department.
- Coordinate and assist with special events and community outreach projects designed to increase awareness and utilization of services including events held during the evening and on weekends.
- Coordinate and assist with planning department events including but not limited to student employee recognition/appreciation, annual golf tournament, and other celebrations.
- Oversee the maintenance of essential resource and background files to include subject/source files, photo files and related information essential to marketing and communications duties.
- Cultivate and evaluate sponsorship opportunities for the department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of marketing, advertising and mass communication
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal skills
- Copywriting and copy-editing skills strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite required
- Knowledge of and experience with social media planning and management systems, specifically Sprout Social or HootSuite required.
- Project management experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities required
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- One to three years professional experience required
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c104