Sr. Human Resources Specialist
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-16
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Sr. Human Resources Specialist assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of human resources functions and duties in one or more of the following functional areas: Client Services (employee relations), Training and Organizational Development, Benefits, Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Workplace Equity and Performance etc.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assists with the implementation of the department’s services, policies, and programs to include supporting department staff with data gathering for projects, performance of administrative duties, and process improvement efforts etc.
2. Compiles and maintains departmental records, logs, databases and/or HR forms.
3. Tracks departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the University’s strategic goals as the Human Resources mission.
4. Prepares and maintains reports that are necessary to carry out the specific HR function.
5. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as necessary and to represent the department.
6. Provides customer service for area by reviewing and responding, via phone, email or in person, to employee requests and questions concerning department services, activities, and general operations. Directs questions, complaints, and other employees’ concerns to the appropriate staff for handling.
7. Assists with the development of department communications by drafting and/or editing communication content. Reviews HR functional area webpages in order to ensure accuracy of information. Works with department leadership to correct misinformation.
8. Serves as a liaison between other functional HR areas.
9. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Associate’s Degree in relevant field
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c104