Job Number: 88491
As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford University has an exciting opportunity for the right individual. At Stanford, we are not just about finding your “next job”, but where we hope you will discover a rewarding career, as well as life-changing experience filled with rich traditions, a deep passion for collaboration and innovation, an unparalleled respect for diversity and creative freedom, and a culture of excellence.
As one of the world's premier research institutions, Stanford devotes tremendous resources toward the betterment of humanity. Hundreds of initiatives — in everything from medicine to engineering, the environment, peace, and national security — create an atmosphere humming with intelligence and excitement.
The mission of the Office of the Chief Risk Officer is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the operations of Stanford University and the Stanford University Hospitals.
The Stanford Redwood City campus, opened in 2019, is the home base of approximately 2,700 staff whose jobs are important to supporting the university's mission. The campus brings departments together in a collaborative environment that reflects Stanford's culture and mission. The campus offers amenities such as onsite cafes and a dining pavilion, a high-end fitness facility with an outdoor pool, and a childcare center for Stanford families.
Stanford University's commitment to safely and effectively meet the public health challenge presented by COVID-19 extends to ensuring University employees may work from home, or another off-site location, where determined appropriate, whenever necessary through the end of June 2021. The department will give reasonable notice when employees are expected to return to work at the Redwood City campus.
Stanford is strictly adhering to health and safety government laws and guidelines relative to COVID-19 and will continue to do so. As such, the interview, hiring, onboarding and job performance of this position will be performed virtually in compliance with current conditions, laws and Stanford policies.
NOTE: Depending on the candidate selected, we may be hiring a staff level position or senior level position: 4462/I or 4463/J
Perform complex financial, operational, and compliance audits to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of systems, processes, and controls at Stanford University and its subsidiaries, under supervision of an audit manager. Conduct investigations of suspected irregular conduct. Provide guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Conduct complex and in-depth financial, operational, and compliance evaluations and audits in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Conduct periodic follow-up reviews to assess and report on progress or completion of management's corrective actions in response to internal audit observations and recommendations.
- Conduct investigations of suspected irregular conduct in conjunction with other university resources.
- Prepare and execute audit plans and detailed audit programs.
- Prepare and review work paper documentation to ensure it supports conclusions and results based on appropriate analyses and evaluations.
- Communicate the results of audit projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff auditors.
- Develop and maintain productive customer and staff relationships.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and four years relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of OMB Uniform Guidance desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepting Auditing Standards.
- Capable of analysis and evaluation on a range of factors.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and sound decision making to obtain viable solutions.
- Independent and requires little supervision on all but unique matters.
- May recommend changes in policy or practice based on new data or situations.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Certified Internal Auditor or Certified Public Accountant certification preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cultivate trust and respect from Stanford colleagues and clients and external organizations.
- Takes responsibility for the quality of work, performing a critical self-review.
- Proactively seeks the advice of supervisors and responds to feedback in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of COSO Framework, CoBIT and/or other leading business and IT control frameworks.
- Leveraging tools and techniques for research, analysis, and problem solving.
- Non-profit/Higher Education/Academic Medical Center experience is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Financials (including application controls, segregation of duties and process workflows).
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Office of the Chief Risk Officer invites you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply Online” link. Please submit an online application, resume, and cover letter.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4463
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 88491
Location: Business Affairs, Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency