Customer Care Technician
ROLE:The Customer Care Technician is responsible for the end-to-end fulfillment of Help Desk requests. As such, they will interact directly with IT Services customers via phone, e-mail, electronic chat, remote desktop, in-person visits, and other means, to ensure the satisfactory resolution of problems and issues reported. When not responding to customers, the technician will aid the Client Services Manager and the Director of C.E.L.T. in completing project- oriented tasks.
All activities of this position are to make a contribution to the fulfillment of the mission of the university.
- RecommendedbytheDirectorofITServices,inconsultationwiththeAssociate Vice President of Athletics and Facility Services.Approved by the Vice President of Legal Affairs and General Counsel
- Report to the Director of IT Services for general supervision Report to the Client Services Manager for scheduling and detailed taskingInteract and function cooperatively with other campus personnel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to accomplish each of the below duties satisfactorily:
- Ensure users receive prompt assistance with reported issues and Follow-up and record final disposition of all tasks assigned and/or performed.Perform implementation and maintenance of client computingAssist in creating deployment processes and procedures for employee, lab, and kiosk workstations. Ensure processes provide a secure and reliable work environment for end users.Assist in maintaining deployment packages for employee, lab, and kiosk workstations. Ensure deployment packages are patched and updated.Provide maintenance and user assistance for classroom teaching equipment.Maintain Inventory of all University computing hardware assets.Maintain help desk application soft ware to track and report on issue status, department statistics, and inventory.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent (one year or more post-secondary course work desired).One year experience in client workstation support (higher education experience highly desirable)One year experience in a customer service or support role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications killsDemonstrated knowledge of client computing technologyDemonstrated customer service skills and attitudeDemonstrated ability to assist users in help desk and other formats
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical documents written in EnglishAbility to interpret, summarize and present technical information in a usable form to users and administratorsAbility to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of staff, faculty, administration, students, families and the general public
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis
- Ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts and draw valid conclusionsAbility to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:Attitude and Demeanor:
- Exemplify Christian philosophy of the Concordia University mission statement in all aspects of day-to-day duties and responsibilities assigned to this positionCommunicate warmth, understanding and helpfulness when interacting with students ,staff, faculty and the general publicDevelop and maintain positive relationships with all who come into contact with this departmentExhibit a cheerful, positive, loyal team-member attitude toward the purposes, programs, policies and goals of the universityMaintain confidentiality on matters pertaining to this office and the campus as a wholeConstantly strive to improve performance
SAFETY:Employees are responsible for complete cooperation with all aspects of the safety and health program, including compliance with all rules and regulations and for continuously practicing safety while performing tasks.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitive motions using a computer keyboardMay require rising and sitting repeatedlyAbility to lift, pull, grasp, stoop and reach to utilize 5-drawer file cabinetsMay require climbing stairs and walking indoors or outdoors to various offices on campus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of the job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Concordia University - Irvine Cahttps://cui.applicantpro.com