Federal Work Study - Mail Room
Job Title: Federal Work Study - Mail Room
Location: Georgia Gwinnett College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 224117
The Mail Room is seeking a bright, energetic student to support the Claw Card Office. As a student representative of the Mail Room, the student in this position will be the first point of contact for visitors, deliveries, and must positively portray a professional demeanor at all times.Responsibilities
- Deliver and receive all campus mail.
- Operate a variety of mail center equipment and golf carts.
- Prioritize mail by using effective time management skills.
- Follow through to ensure that all deliveries are handled in a timely manner.
- Answer phone calls
- Deliver and install toner and staples into printers
- Create claw cards
- Answer questions and escalate issues to professional team
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a Federal Work Study award.
- Must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Must be in good standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good standing for the duration of employment.
- Strong analytical and customer service skills and the ability to prioritize effectively are essential to the basic job functions.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]