The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Institute for Genome Sciences (IGS) is currently recruiting for an Administrative Manager.
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Human Resources Duties – work with SOM and Campus HR groups to manage human resource and payroll functions related to day-to-day transactions for the Institute for Genome Sciences (IGS).
- Staffing – manage all IGS staffing and recruitment initiatives from inception to final onboarding and placement. Includes both staff and faculty recruitments.
- Compensation – coordinate and administer policies and procedures relative to setting IGS compensation and salary plans, track all compensation data for use in policy and decision making.
- Benefits – counsel staff and faculty on campus benefit options and enrollment in our benefits plans as well as disseminate information about open enrollment, new employee orientation and other benefit action items.
- Visas – manage, process and track all visa application and information for affected IGS staff. Administer tax treaty benefits, annual tax renewal process for non-immigrant visa holders.
- Employee & Labor relations – provide leadership and counsel employees on University policies and procedures and conflict resolutions. Manage performance review process in accordance with University PDP program.
- Establish appropriate checks and balances to ensure payroll and timesheet compliance and accuracy.
- Generate reports for general ledger and reconciliations.
- Work with central Financial Services-Payroll to ensure proper reconciliation and payroll tax compliance.
- Run Cost Center Report (CCR)/Payroll Register (PR) to complete the Pay Validation Process.
- Run and review the Leave Accrual Report.
- Begin approving e-Timesheets for Exempt, Non-exempt, Hourly employees, Students and Faculty.
- Make sure all ETS are submitted and approved 1st week after the pay period is ended.
- When payroll processing starts all ETS status should be in “Loaded” status.
- Run Check Register- contact employees with different address listed in ‘Home’ and ‘CPB.’
- If a paycheck should be mailed to an address not listed in eUMB, notify Payroll Services.
- Reconcile CCR to BA3 person salary listing to ensure paid amount matches BA3 amount.
- Answer general payroll/pay check questions
- Submit GRA tuition/health insurance/fee payments
- Submit leave payout form
- Submit forms related to other payroll compensation/adjustments (i.e. supplemental payments)
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, finance, accounting, human resources, or related field.
Experience: Five (5) years of related experience in human resources and business, budget, or financial operations.
Supervisory Experience: Two (2) years of direct management responsibilities that involves personnel recruitment, training, and professional development related to position required.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Institute of Genome Sciences
Job Posting: Feb 16, 2021
Unposting Date: Mar 2, 2021, 10:59:00 PM