Registrar Clerk (PT)
Registrar Clerk (PT)
Salary: $12.50 per hour
Mohawk Valley Community college is in search tofill a part-time clerical position to assist the diverse college campuspopulation with the registrar functions of the College. The idealcandidate will have the ability to directly support the college mission.The College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meetthe diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed tostudent success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, andpersonal enrichment.
This position is responsible for preforming general clerical duties including but not limited to:answering the phone, front-desk duties, filing, scanning and data entry.This position is responsible for following academic policies andprocedures for dataentry in a computer information system. The employee in his class is responsibility formaintaining an adequate work flow betweenword processing, data entry and computer operationfunctions across multiple software applications. The position requires keenattention to detail and accuracy of work, in addition to the abilityexercise of independentjudgment in carrying out details of the work.
Successful candidates will berequired to successfully complete the Oneida County Civil Service Applicationfor approval.
General Job Duties:
- Works directly with diverse students making sure students are supported to be successful
- Clerical job related duties: answering phones, front desk, scanning and filing;
- Converts raw data into computer source documentation by coding and editing a variety of source information prior to entry into a computer information system;
- Follows academic policy and procedures to update and maintain existing academic records in the database to ensure accuracy of the data utilizing a variety of software applications;
- Recognizes errors in source documents or original entries and follows up with corrections prior to release for processing, working with supervisor to trouble shoot problems and/or find solutions for improvement;
- Works well with various employees involved in preparation of data for eventual computer processing and storage;
Customer service skills, data entry and auditingexperience and familiarity with general office procedures.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.Oneida County application approval needed for hire.
Review Start Date: 3/1/2021Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action,Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence,equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment inwhich students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities,governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse,multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities anddifferences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparingstudents to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up ofpeople with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds,religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, differentabilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran statusor on the basis of disability.