Executive Director of Marketing and Market Intelligence, School of Professional Studies
Job location: School of Professional Studies (Charlotte)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-16
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
• Set the early strategic direction of the marketing and market intelligence functions of the School to ensure appropriate brand positioning and effective promotion and implementation of inaugural programs.
• Lead the formulation and focused implementation of marketing plans and campaigns to support brand development, new program launches, learner growth, and stakeholder satisfaction consistent with the School’s aspirations.
• Pursue the completion of in-depth studies (using both primary and secondary research data) to generate actionable insights for program marketing and to guide the program roadmap of the School.
• Effectively represent the School’s programmatic offerings and educational pathways to target learner segments in ways that support significant career outcomes and ease of access.
• Optimize enrollments by managing the digital assets of the School (website, presence on social networks, etc.) and establishing productive partnerships with external marketing agencies.
• Build relationships of trust with University marketing leaders. Facilitate strong cross-organizational information sharing and cooperative strategy development and tactical execution.
• Collaborate with program leadership to assess feasibility of new program ideas and create marketing plans and enrollment forecasts for new program launches.
• Maintain deep subject matter expertise of relevant consumer/business segments, educational market dynamics, and trends for the working professional community in Charlotte and the Southeast US.
• Build consumer empathy and understanding across the whole SPS team by identifying actionable learning needs and representing the voice of prospective and current learners.
• Assist with setting SPS performance targets, and provide regular reporting, forecasts, and root-cause insights to inform ongoing adjustments to drive KPIs.
• Work closely with the internal and agency creative teams to ensure the development of compelling story narratives and creative requests are accurate, on time, and on brand.
• Has a strong outcomes-based orientation (pushes self and helps others to achieve results) and a continuous improvement mindset.
• Is adept at utilizing sophisticated analytical tools to derive evidence-based decisions and has deep understanding of digital channels and networks that are utilized by working professionals. Utilizes such knowledge and relevant analysis to optimize campaign outcomes and increase efficiency of marketing investments.
• Learns quickly when facing new situations. Experiments to find new solutions. Takes on challenges of unfamiliar tasks. Extracts lessons-learned from failures and mistakes. Expands knowledge base through ongoing curiosity.
• Forms teams with appropriate and diverse mixes of styles, perspectives, and experience. Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset. Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale. Shares wins and rewards team efforts. Fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team. Creates a team that works well cross-functionally.
• Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change and ambiguity. Effectively handles risk. Is calm and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, a related field, or equivalent experience.
• 10+ years of experience in marketing roles.
• Executive-level communication ability. Must be able to clearly and persuasively communicate both verbally and in writing with staff at all levels of the University and with external partners.
• Strong quantitative and strategic analysis skills. Must be able to gather and analyze data and research reports to identify significant trends, implications and opportunities, and derive actionable initiatives to pursue.
• Fluency in a wide variety of marketing disciplines, including traditional and digital media, SEO, content marketing, social networks, and event marketing.
• Drive and ability to influence others to act without direct reporting authority.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Previous experience in a higher education environment that included the marketing of programs to adult learners and business partners.
• Significant experience in managing digital assets and marketing channels.