Division Chief of Infectious Disease (Associate/Full Professor) (NTE/TE/T)
COM Phx Internal MedicineDepartment Website Link:
Greater Phoenix AreaAddress:
475 North 5th Street , Phoenix, AZ 85004 USAPosition Highlights:
The Department of Internal Medicine at The University of Arizona College of Medicine- Phoenix is seeking an outstanding physician to serve as the Chief of the Division of Infectious Disease. This individual, appointed at the Associate or Full Professor level, will be responsible for strategic leadership and direction for all aspects of the clinical, educational, research and other programmatic missions of the division, within the Department located at Banner - University Medical Center -Phoenix.
The Division Chief will lead a team of Infectious Disease physicians, advanced practice providers and pharmacists and will be responsible for expanding the program. Particular needs and opportunities include expertise in transplant infectious disease and building outpatient clinical programs. An additional goal will be the development of an Infectious Disease training program in collaboration with the Phoenix VA medical program.
This position reports directly to the Chair of the Department of Internal Medicine within the College of Medicine – Phoenix for all academic activities. Consistent with the Academic Affiliation Agreement (AAA) between the University of Arizona and Banner Health, the Division Chief will have a matrix reporting relationship to the Chief Executive Officer of the Banner-University Medical Group (B-UMG) and CEO of B-UMC (Phoenix) for all clinical activities conducted at Banner-University Medical Center (Phoenix)..Duties & Responsibilities:
- Faculty Development
- Educational and training programs
- Research growth
- Novel Clinical Programs
- Recruitment and retention of diverse faculty and staff
- Qualified candidates must possess a doctor of medicine (MD/DO) or equivalent degree from an accredited institution; AND be eligible for a University of Arizona academic appointment at the Associate Professor level or higher.
- Board certified (or participating in Maintenance of Certification (MOC) if lapsed) in Infectious Disease
- Eligible for unrestricted medical licensure in the State of Arizona.
- Greater than 5 years of progressively complex administrative experience (e.g., program leader, center/section director, etc.) in an academic medical center setting.
- Demonstrated track record of national distinction in teaching, clinical care and research discovery in an academic department of medicine or comparable environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to patient care, reflecting a service oriented, team based philosophy with hospital administration and health professional colleagues from all disciplines, departments and specialties.
- Successful track record of recruitment and development of faculty, trainees, and students.
- Evidence of successful program building beyond one’s own research group. Eligible for medical staff membership at BUMC-P.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
AAMC Public Schools for SpecialtyCompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
8/30/2021Contact Information for Candidates:
Octavio Duarte, MBA
3/2/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.