Junior Marketing Communications Specialist - Gies College of Business (142244)
Junior Marketing Communications Specialist
Gies Business Online Programs
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. Illinois is the place where we embrace difference. We embrace it because we value it. Illinois is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the Illinois community.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY:
The junior marketing communications specialist position plays a vital role in assisting team leads in the MarCom office in the coordination and implementation of projects for units within Gies College of Business. This person is a problem solver who can manage details, media schedules, and progress tracking for a multitude of internal projects. The position will coordinate ongoing tasks related to web page updates, media purchases, and projects in various stages of creative development and production. Close attention to meeting deadlines and expectations of the marketing specialists and units is a must. At Gies, we believe in being a place of inclusion and equity, a place where all can succeed. This position must be attentive to the College’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity and help the team leads ensure it is being implemented throughout projects and activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist team leads in monitoring and coordinating project plans, schedules, and deadlines;
- Manage multiple concurrent projects involving cross-functional teams;
- Manage deliverables and distribution of proofs;
- Ensure projects adhere to College and campus guidelines;
- Remain attentive to the College’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity and ensure it is implemented appropriately;
- Maintain documentation for each project;
- Collaborate with the project manager to ensure project information is entered into Asana and assigned appropriately;
- Coordinate development of media assets;
- Develop marketing plan flowcharts and presentations;
- Assist team leads with project plan development;
- Interact with various team members to coordinate project development;
- Serve as team lead for smaller units
- Provide updates to internal team and external units as needed about communication flow, requirements, expectations, and deadlines;
- Prepare briefing materials, presentations, or follow-up memos;
- Gather research or scope requirements related to projects;
- Organize, attend, and participate in stakeholder meetings;
- Ensure that the internal team is informed of the scope of the project;
- Collect and share media performance data and analytics.
Bachelor's degree in an area of study such as marketing, business administration, communications, or related field. Two plus years of professional work experience in marketing, public relations, communications, brand management, or related professional area. Demonstrated project management experience.
Preferred: Successful Candidates will be able to multi-task within a fast-paced environment; able to work within structured processes but be flexible when needed; familiarity with Google Analytics and social media advertising; keen eye for detail; able to identify issues and prioritize; able to work in a team, as well as work independently; exceptional writing and interpersonal skills; knowledge with preparing and interpreting flowcharts, action plans, and schedules; capacity to take constructive criticism and incorporate recommended changes; familiarity with media concepts, channels, and processes.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Marketing Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by March 3, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload the following documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Priyanka Bhargava, [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:Business Category:2-Administrative Title:Junior Marketing Communications Specialist - Gies College of Business (142244) Open Date:02/16/2021 Close Date:03/10/2021 Organization Name:Gies Mktg and Communications