This position is within the Building Services Department of Facilities Management Services and will work at the GSU Decatur Campus.
- Provides custodial care for Georgia State University facilities. Cleans and performs room set-ups in assigned building areas following established routines and procedures.
- Assignments will generally fall into one of the following groupings, although overlapping of duties may occur as needed:
- Sweeps, dust mops, wet mops, scrubs, strips, restores, buffs, and waxes floors, vacuums, and performs other duties needed to maintain the cleanliness of campus floors.
- Removes trash, cleans counters, equipment, and furnishings, and performs other duties as needed to maintain the cleanliness of laboratories, office areas, classrooms, and other assigned work areas.
- Cleans and restocks restrooms.
- Set up chairs, tables, and other equipment in classrooms, meeting rooms, and other public areas; handles emergency clean-ups; performs other related work as needed.
- In order to perform the above tasks, the employee must be able to bend, twist, reach overhead, push and pull floor equipment (vacuum cleaner), push/and pull large trash barrels, lift full trash bags weighing 30 pounds. Must possess a normal degree of dexterity.
High school diploma or GED preferred. Six months experience working in an institutional, industrial or commercial setting preferred. Must pass a criminal background check.
Open until filled
College/Business Unit: Facilities Management Services
Location: Decatur Campus
Job Posting: 02/16/21, 3:53:40 PM