Assistant Professor of Bilingual/ESL (Begins Falls 2021)
The University of Texas Permian Basin (UTPB), invites applicants for the position of Assistant Professor of Bilingual/ESL Education (tenure-earning). Duties include teaching courses in the Bilingual/ESL master’s program and/or teaching undergraduate courses in the Bilingual/ESL supplemental certification areas. Faculty in the UTPB College of Education have advising responsibilities and are required to engage in scholarly research and service to the program, department, college, and university, the profession, and the community. The selected candidate will also mentor and engage students in areas of research.
Additional responsibilities include developing grant proposals and directing funded projects; developing of university/school/community partnerships; and providing service to the community, school districts, agencies, and professional organizations. Faculty credentials must meet university requirements for classification as UTPB graduate faculty. Teaching assignments include but are not limited to on-line courses.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state driver’s license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory driver’s record.
The University offers an excellent compensation package that includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EOE, including disability/vets.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.
1. Doctoral degree in the areas of BILINGUAL/ESL or in a closely related field from an accredited university. ABDs will be considered if successful defense of their dissertation is anticipated before the first date of appointment.
2. Potential for/demonstrated excellence in teaching and scholarship.
3. Direct experience and/or commitment to teaching and working with students from diverse populations, including underserved populations and first-generation students, in consonance with the university’s mission as a Hispanic serving institution (HSI).
4. Expertise with distance education delivery and Learning Management Systems and the ability to teach in online and in blended learning environments.
5. Willingness to conduct and publish high-quality research and engage in grant writing.
6. Willingness to be a team player focused on supporting new initiatives and partnerships in the College of Education.
7. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills with an appropriate understanding of the needs of the audience and appropriate professionalism.
8. Interest in the professional and personal growth of students.
9. The ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
10. Willingness to mentor and engage students in research.