Financial Analyst II
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2018-19.
Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
FINANCIAL ANALYST II
Job Code: 5042
Job Level: F2
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
Coordinate the preparation of operational and capital budgets, financial statements, statistical reports, cost analyses and other financial information; review and analyze unit budget requests and advise units regarding changes in budgets to meet hospital requirements.
- Monitor budget expenditures and prepare written reports and analyses to Hospital management setting fort progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions. Partner with operational teams and participate in the development of business plans for capital project requests
- Monitor and coordinate status updates for ongoing capital projects across assigned clinical service lines
- Generate and distribute ﬁnancial reports for certain strategic initiatives and collaborations
- Assist in the preparation of the operational budget; review and analyze departmental budget requests
- Advise departments regarding changes in budgets to meet DUH requirements
- Assist with monitoring budget expenditures and prepare written reports and analyses to management setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Prepare and coordinate distribution of various ﬁnancial reports and analyses for higher management and external agencies to include ﬁnancial analysis of individual departments to DUH operations
- Maintain liaison with departmental business managers and administrative staff In the preparation and analysis of ﬁnancial reports to provide information and to resolve problems concerning variances from approved budget
- Provide information to various external agencies and professional organizations concerning ﬁscal operations
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
Required Qualifications at this Level
Education: Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related field. CPA is desirable.
Experience: Work requires four years experience in financial management, cost accounting or a field directly related to specialized area of assignment.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level
Job Code: 00005042 FINANCIAL ANALYST II
Job Level: F2
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.