Director of Industry Partnerships
Job no: 498332
Department: Farmer School of Business
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Status: Full Time
Director of Industry PartnershipsJob Summary:
The Director of Industry Partnerships is responsible for creation and execution of a comprehensive corporate relations strategy designed to recruit, engage and enroll high caliber industry professionals into our graduate and executive education programs.Duties/Physical Demands:
• Identify and advance corporate relationships to support and enhance experiential learning programs, to support co-curricular programs and centers, to increase the number of internships and full time positions for graduate and undergraduates students, and to support and enhance the MBA programs in the Farmer School and other online graduate programs, including domestic internships and international consultancies, as well as placement efforts; which also leads to their employees enrolling in our graduate programs.
• Collaborate with the academic leadership of the Farmer School who are leading the various graduate programs to understand the curriculum and in turn be able to represent the learning outcomes when meeting with potential students.
• Work with marketing professionals within Miami University and the Farmer School of Business to build and tell a compelling story for why a student should enroll in our programs.
• This role independently creates and builds relationships with employers. Additionally, this role will need to balance the varying career needs of the graduate students in a number of graduate programs offered.
• Some travel required.
• Position is a one-year appointment with the potential for renewal based on funding and performance.
Bachelor Degree with 8 years’ work experience. Relationship building, written and oral communication skills. Experience working in higher education.
This position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Consideration may be given to candidates with a Bachelor's Degree in Business or Humanities, or to candidates with a Master’s Degree.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Relationship building, written and oral communication skills.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Inquiries about the position may be directed to Lisa Raatz at [email protected]EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of applications will begin March 1, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 15 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time