Academic Advisor, CDM
This position is working on-campus.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Academic Advisor delivers academic advising services to new and continuing CDM students and provides support to new and existing programs and services within the CDM Academic Success Center. The Academic Advisor is a generalist with knowledge of all CDM programs, but specializes in undergraduate Film and Television academic programs.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Supports faculty advising and provides academic advising and administrative services to continuing CDM students including, but not limited to:
- Academic curriculum review and course sequence planning.
- Provides academic advising and supports retention efforts for special student populations, including online learning students.
- Academic progress assessment.
- Assists with new and existing programs and services within the CDM Academic Success Center, including but not limited to:
- New student orientation
- Academic probation
- Degree conferral process
- Exam administration
- Participates in special events as sponsored by the College, the Office of Admissions, and other University offices.
- Academic advising week
- Academic success and career workshops
- Commencement ceremony
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
This position is working on campus. This position will occassionally work after 5pm for special events.
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. At DePaul University, the Title IX Coordinator is Kathryn Statz. Her office is located in Lincoln Park on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. She can be reached at 312-362-8970, or [email protected]
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.