Associate Dean of Advancement
Permanent Staff (EHRA NF)Department:
Associate Dean of AdvancementAppointment Type:
EHRA Non-FacultyPosition Posting Category:
Development and FundraisingSalary Range:
Dependent on qualifications and experience.Full Time/Part Time?:
Full-Time PermanentHours per Week:
01004201Posting Open Date:
03/15/2021Open Until Filled:
NoProposed Start Date:
The Associate Dean for Advancement, with primary responsibilities for development and fundraising, is classified as a Tier II Senior Academic and Administrative Officer.
The employment is ‘’at will’’ and subject to continuation or discontinuation at any time at the discretion of the Chancellor or his/her authorized designee as provided in the relevant section of the Employment Policies for EHRA Non-Faculty Employees of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Representing the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy, the Associate Dean for Advancement serves as the principal fundraiser and point person for development and alumni relations for the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
This position will work closely with the Dean to oversee the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy’s successful completion of the $175 million campaign effort in association with the university-wide campaign.The position will serve as the President of the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy Foundation, with associated responsibilities, as stated in the Foundation’s by-laws. The Foundation is an affiliated non-profit 501c3 organization. As an officer of the Foundation, the President will adhere to any and all By-Laws of the Foundation.Educational Requirements:
Required: a bachelor’s degree. Minimum of three years of relevant experience required.
Preferred: a master’’s degree or higher in a related field, such as Business Administration, Non-Profit Management, or Higher Education Administration.Qualifications and Experience:
- Outstanding and successful experience as a fundraiser (a minimum of 10 years strongly preferred; Minimum of three years of relevant experience required), including command of volunteer management, major principal gifts prospect management, capital campaigns, annual giving programs, corporate and foundation relations, and prospect research.
- Track record of soliciting and closing principal and transformative gifts.
- Prior working experience with research-intensive professional schools at a Research I university.
- Exceptional reasoning, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Superb organizational, time-management, and communication skills.
- Ability to lead and manage a high-performing team.
- Decisiveness, self-confidence, a strong sense of purpose, and a tolerance for ambiguity.
- Flexibility to travel and work evenings and weekends
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Special Instructions:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/188114 and submit a Resume/CV, Cover Letter, and a list of three professional references.