Open Rank Lecturer or Teaching Assistant Professor - Public and International Affairs
PG190794EPInternal Recruitment :
Open Rank Lecturer or Teaching Assistant Professor - Public and International AffairsAnticipated Hiring Range:
$4,500 - $6,500 per courseWork Schedule:
Hours are based on current needs and may vary.Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
School of Public and International AffairsAbout the Department:
The School of Public and International Affairs, in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences at North Carolina State University, houses the Department of Public Administration, the Department of Political Science, the Master of International Studies Program, the Public Safety Leadership Initiative, and the Leadership in the Public Sector degree completion program (for more information, see http://spia.chass.ncsu.edu/).
The Department of Political Science has approximately 500 majors and offers Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees. Majors may also graduate with concentrations in American Politics, International Politics, Law and Justice and Public Policy (for more information, see http://spia.ncsu.edu/ps). The Master of International Studies (MIS), a terminal professional degree program, prepares students for careers in government service, international institutions, and non-governmental organizations. An affiliate member of the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs, the MIS programs joins distinguished universities around the world in providing global education for the 21st century, (for additional information, see http://spia.ncsu.edu/is/).Essential Job Duties:
- The School of Public and International Affairs, Department of Political Science, is accepting applications for the position of Professional Faculty (part-time) to teach courses in American Politics and/or International Relations at the undergraduate level.
- Professional Faculty is responsible for the coordination, planning, preparation, presentation, and evaluation of classroom instruction and related activities.
- Selected individual will be hired as Teaching Assistant Professor or Lecturer depending on qualifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lecturer candidates will require a Minimum of a Master’s degree in Political Science or related discipline; or if still a student, must have completed 18 hours of graduate credit.
- Teaching Assistant Professor candidates should hold or be on track to earn a PhD in Political Science or a related field before the start date of 8/16/2021.
- Degrees must be received from accredited institutions.
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching is expected.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Teaching experience in Political Science at the college level, and demonstrated evidence of teaching excellence.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
02/15/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
- In addition to your application please submit a CV, cover letter, and the contact information for at least three professional references. Please also provide a research writing sample uploaded as Other Document (1). As an option, a student and/or peer evaluations of teaching can be uploaded to Other Document (2).
- The unit intends to hire for multiple vacancies from this posting.
Non-Tenure-Track FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
.225 - .675, depending on department need.Appointment:
< 9 Months RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
160601 - Public & International AffairsAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.