Temporary IT Analyst/Programmer
TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
Provide independent leadership in the design, development, and maintenance of dairy management software applications for distributed software and hosted network and computer systems operations. This developer works closely with management to review requirements, and then deliver solutions that are effective, efficient, maintainable, and secure. Solutions are highly complex, ranging from the application of dairy science and farm management methodologies, as well as collaboration with external vendors, third-party system interfaces, third-party analytical laboratories, and third-party accounting software.
- Design, implement, and document technical software solutions that may include core DHIA/DRMS business rules, system interfaces, daily operations, and other relevant projects.
- Collaborate with other staff during software testing and maintenance. Provide tools to facilitate testing.
- Collaborate with other staff in the distribution and installation of software updates and entire systems.
- Develop and use comprehensive knowledge of DRMS technologies and products during general software development as well as in the application
of DRMS- and dairy-specific algorithms, practices, data structures, and business practices.
- Assist management in designing systems and strategies as the needs of agricultural clients evolve.
- Monitor advances in software development methodologies that should be applied at DRMS.
- Advise management on the risk and stability of new software solutions as well as existing systems.
- Manage projects that require independent research and system design. Exercise judgment with latitude on actions and decisions.
- Consult with other developers, operations, and support staff in regards to software function, desired operations, and adherence to relevant standards or methods.
- Advise staff members on proper operation of relevant systems and interpretation of system errors, logs, and other operational output.
- Conduct research into existing code, methods and operations, and advise on porting business rules to other platforms.
NoJob City & State:
Dairy Records ProcessingClassification Title:
Temporary IT Analyst/ProgrammerWork Schedule:
16/hrs per week - As Needed in evenings (after 4:00 PM) and WeekendsOther Work/Responsibilities:
-A post-baccalaureate degree and at least 4 year of experience OR a Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of experienceDepartment Required Skills:
-Knowledge of DRMS codebase, program flow, and related data storage structures
-Expert knowledge of DRMS Custom Developed Financial Applications codebase, program flow, and related data storage
-Knowledge of DRMS financial business rules
-Ability to design and implement effective, efficient, maintainable, secure technical solutions
-Ability to consult with management and internal staff members to assess requirements
-Ability to diagnose problems and identify solutions
-Ability to provide documentation and other materials needed to support other staff
-Minimum of 5 years of SQL development
-C#, Microsoft Excel, Lucid ChartsRequired License or Certification:
n/aValid NC Driver's License required?:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$37.92/hrJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.