Specialist, Employee Benefits
Title: Specialist, Employee Benefits
Job no: 492679
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Categories: Human resources
Salary: $36,606 - $45,758
Job Summary: This position applies general knowledge in the area of employee benefits, and assists in the administration of benefit programs in compliance with laws, regulations, standards, procedures, and policies in a diverse and inclusive environment to support the College mission and strategic plan.
This position will be remote through August 2021. The position will report to physical campus location upon determination of physical campus opening. This is subject to change.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience.*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those listed above.
Hiring Range: $36,606 - $45,758
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated ability to multi-task and problem-solve; Experience in an office setting.
Job Specific Task List:
1. Applies basic understanding of benefits policies and procedures and ensures optimal employee experience and accuracy of details when performing duties which may include: set up and terminate employee benefit enrollment and benefit pay deductions; coordinate and schedule vendor workshops, presentations, and meetings for employee education; update and post on-line documentation; answer questions and provide procedural guidance to employees; complete monthly benefit/payroll deduction reconciliations; pay monthly benefits invoices; assist during peak cycles such as open enrollment.
2. Responsible for providing support to the College's Family Medical Leave Act administrator, processes and tracks FMLA requests, triages FMLA questions and forwards higher-level inquires to the coordinator, benefits.
3. Works directly with the coordinator, benefits in planning and executing benefits marketing strategies and programs designed to enhance employee awareness of benefits, including but not limited to: development and scheduling of informational sessions; maintenance and upkeep of on-line materials and forms; coordination with insurance carriers and benefit consultants as needed.
4. Assist with special projects which may include: perform basic research; test/explore new processes; create/update/run spreadsheets and reports; create informational/educational materials for employees; serve as backup to benefits staff, including conducting presentations and employee training sessions, as needed.
5. Perform administrative support duties, including but not limited to: prepare communications to employees and supervisors and various administrative support tasks such as filing, scanning, indexing, faxing, and copying.
6. Perform other duties as assigned. - (Essential)
Essential functions are #1 - 4 as above. - (Essential)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:ExcellenceWe set high goals and achieve them.We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.We provide exceptional service to all.InnovationWe challenge the status quo.We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Feb 15, 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 28, 2021 Eastern Standard Time