Assistant Athletic Trainer
Assistant Athletic TrainerPosition Number :
001061Vacancy Open to :
All CandidatesDepartment :
ATH Athletic TrainingDepartment Homepage :
www.ecupirates.comAdvertising Department :
ATHLETIC TRAININGDivision :
AthleticsClassification Title :
Assistant TrainerWorking Title :
Assistant Athletic TrainerNumber of Vacancies :
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE) :
1.0Full Time or Part Time :
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
Commensurate with QualificationsPosition Location (City) :
Non-FacultyJob Category :
Non-Faculty Instructional & ResearchOrganizational Unit Overview:
The Medical Services unit of the Department of Athletics oversees and coordinates the health and well-being of all student-athletes at East Carolina University.Job Duties :
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Athletics for Medical Services, the Assistant Athletic Trainer will:
1. Assist the Head Athletic Trainer, team physician, and associated medical practitioners in prevention, immediate care, and rehabilitation of injuries sustained by East Carolina University student-athletes
2. Carry out policies and procedures of the athletic training facilities and ECU Department of Athletics
3. Direct and provide athletic training coverage and supervision of intercollegiate athletic teams during practices, games, and strength and conditioning sessions as assigned
4. Coordinate physical exams and pre-participation paperwork for student-athletes through the team physician or designee
5. Perform selected portions of the physical exam under the direction and supervision of the team physician
6. Apply specific and appropriate taping, bracing, and other protective/supportive devices in order to prevent injury or re-injury
7. Monitor environmental conditions of playing and practice areas in order to make recommendations regarding the safety of the student-athlete, following accepted and recommended guidelines
8. Refer the student-athlete to medical personnel (i.e. physicians, physical therapists, sports dieticians, and other allied health professionals) in order to ensure appropriate medical evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation by implementing standard verbal and/or written orders
9. Maintain appropriate medical records
10. Be familiar with emergency action plans for each athletic venue
11. Familiarize student-athletes with the ECU Athletic Department’s Drug Testing and Counseling program
12. Provide education and counseling in health-related matters to the student-athletes and coaches
13. Direct the student-athletes and coaches to professionals in order that the student-athlete may receive consultation for social and/or personal programs on specific topics, and by personal consultation
14. Assist in CPR/First Aid/AED instruction to coaches, athletic department staff, and athletic training students and staff
15. Provide clinical supervision of athletic training students
16. Perform other clinical duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer
17. Adhere to regulations of the North Carolina Athletic Trainer Practice Act
18. Perform administrative duties as assigned.
19. Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally with Pirate Club, athletics, and University staff, students, business vendors and all donors and stakeholders.
20. Abide by all written policies and procedures of ECU, the Department of Athletics, The Educational Foundation (Pirate Club), the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and all applicable conferences or associations.
21. Nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours, and travel are required in the performance of duties.
Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution is required.
Certified Athletic Trainer as designated by the Board of Certification
Licensed Athletic Trainer by the North Carolina Board of Athletic Training Examiners or eligible
Minimum one year post-undergraduate athletic training experience requiredLicense or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation :
n/aPreferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education :
Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in Athletic Training or related field preferred.
Previous athletic training experience with collegiate soccer preferred.Special Instructions to Applicant :
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Official transcript required within 30 days of employment.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.Additional Instructions to Applicant:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Job Open Date :
02/16/2021Open Until Filled:
YesInitial Screening Begins :
02/23/2021Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting :
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].Eligibility for Employment :
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Office of Human Resources Contact Information :
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.