Public Safety Officer I
Public Safety Officer I
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 03230
Posting Date: 02/16/2021
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date: 03/02/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $3,113.08 per month
Maximum Salary: $4,398.70 per month
Kern Community College District provides a rich health and welfare benefits offering to our employees, including Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Long-term Disability.
In addition to the above benefits, the District also offers a robust voluntary benefits selection:
- Flex 125
- Additional products and services through American Fidelity
- Supplemental voluntary life insurance
- Tax Shelter Annuities
The District participates in CalPERS retirement system and Social Security benefits for Classified and Management employees. Employees covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), are vested 100% after five years of full time service credit. All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date.
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, patrol and guard the college campus to assure the safety and protection of persons, buildings, grounds, equipment and other property of the District.
-Patrol campus buildings and grounds on foot and by vehicle; guard property against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry; insure safety of parked vehicles; enforce parking rules and regulations; issue parking citations; inspect and check security of doors, windows and gates; turn lights on and/or off; secure chains in driveways.
-Investigate and report presence of unauthorized persons on grounds or in buildings; deal with disturbances according to department policy; observe and document details of occurrences; assist in the arrest of violators when necessary.
-Investigate unusual or potentially dangerous conditions; report detected leaks or malfunctions of electric, plumbing, heating or other equipment; notify appropriate persons regarding impaired equipment; take appropriate emergency action.
-Provide escort for faculty, staff and students as required.
-Report emergency medical situations, including illnesses, shock, seizures and bleeding; summon appropriate emergency medical personnel.
-Submit routine reports of activities, including, but not limited to, incident and accident reports; issue parking citations and warnings; assist security officers as necessary.
-Transport monies as requested.
-Perform related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school AND one year of experience in a security setting requiring constant and responsible public contact. Additional specialized training in police science, public administration or a related field is desirable.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Proof of completion of School Security Course certification.
- Possession of current Guard Card.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- California Vehicle Code, Penal Code, laws of arrest, search and seizure, education code, health and
safety codes, municipal laws and codes, and campus regulations.
- District policies and campus regulations and procedures.
- Modern equipment and protective gear.
- Procedures of crowd control and emergency evacuation.
- Principles and practices of legal proceedings and legal testimony.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping and report preparation.
- Learn and apply pertinent provisions of the State Penal Code, Vehicle Code and Education Code.
- Operate a patrol vehicle and patrol equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Conduct investigations and interviews concerning traffic and internal incidents.
- Patrol effectively.
- Detect, prevent and report criminal activity.
- Encourage adherence to safety standards.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Salary Grade: 37.5
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on March 3, 2021 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Additional openings that become available prior to the end of the hiring process may also be filled from the qualified applicants.
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/14608. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency