Job ID: 223370
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
9950401 - Armstrong Grounds Operations
Perform preventive maintenance and repair of gasoline and diesel-powered equipment, machines, and utility carts, such as mowers, tractors, dozers, weed eaters, bush hogs, and chain saws. Maintain and repair small hand and power tools or equipment used in planting, cultivating, and pruning plants, vines, shrubs, and trees. Keep records on preventive maintenance services performed and repairs completed on all equipment. Accountable for all small hand and power tools and maintain an inventory of parts and supplies for equipment.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Perform routine maintenance on all small engine equipment such as push and riding lawn mowers, tractors, golf carts, rotor-tillers, sod cutters, weed eaters, chain saws and blowers
- Change oil, oil and air filters, replace blades, replace or repair tires, replace spark plugs, adjust carburetors, repair gas tanks and replace chains on chain saws
- Overhaul small engines and replace piston rings, hydraulic hoses and lines, crank shafts, set timing, tune engines and replace engines
- Maintain stock of supplies for equipment
- Maintain, repair and clean tools, equipment and work areas
- Prepare gas/oil mixture for equipment requiring gas mixture
- Keep records on work performed, time spent, and materials used in repair/maintenance of equipment
- Follow all safety and other risk management policies in performance of work
- Maintain appropriate maintenance records by keeping records of all equipment operating hours, preventive maintenance services performed, and repairs completed
- Develop and recommend preventive maintenance programs and schedules
- Instruct Field and Maintenance Workers on proper methods of operation and upkeep of equipment
- Inspect tools and equipment for their condition, repairing, cleaning, adjusting or lubricating them, and notifying the supervisor of signs of equipment abuse or neglect
- Prepare to riding mowers, tractors, and trucks for specific uses by changing, checking, and adjusting attachments to vehicles
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of related work experience
$33,300 - $37,450
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Ability to use computerized diagnostic equipment, power tools and various hand tools
- Ability to focus on detail, troubleshoot and solve problems
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Understanding of procedures and willingness to follow University policies to meet institutional goals
- Knowledge of engine components and systems, as well as electronic control systems
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
Apply Before Date
February 26, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in both in- and outdoor environments
- Employee is required to walk, stoop, bend, crawl throughout the day
- May be required to maneuver items up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
- May be subject to hot and cold weather conditions
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=223370&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency