ACCOUNTANT IV-GEAR UP
ACCOUNTANT IV-GEAR UP
Posting Number: SRGV4902
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: College Access & K-12 Partners
Scope of Job:
To perform highly complex accounting work under limited supervision while assigning and/or supervising the work and goals of a major department. To prepare and oversee the preparation of financial statements, records, and reports. Specializes in areas of accounting work including but not limited to federal funds accounting, property and equipment control, cost, payroll, financial reporting and bond servicing.
Description of Duties:
• Prepares financial statements, budgets, vouchers, and payrolls submitted by the agency.
• Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual status analyses of funds and expenditures.
• Maintains adequate records of expenditures, funds, appropriations, and expenses, as well as of revenue collected and deposited.
• Maintains and/or oversees the maintenance of systems and controls necessary to provide accurate accounts of expenditures and budget balances.
• Reviews and approves various accounting records, reports, applications, etc.
• Plans and coordinates all assigned financial programs.
• May assist in planning accounting and clerical work procedures and operations.
• May direct the maintenance of accounting records.
• Assigns and/or supervises the work of others.
• Keeps up to date with accounting principles and any other federal, state, UT System or applicable accounting changes or regulations.
• Performs related work as assigned.
General direction from immediate supervisor.
Supervises assigned support staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Management or related field from an accredited University.
Master’s degree in Business administration or related field.
Five (5) years’ experience in accounting, including supervisory experience.
Work experience in an institution of higher education.
Personal computer and related spreadsheet and database software. Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Fast-paced office environment. May be required to work weekends and/or evenings. Occasional travel is required.
• Knowledge of University’s fiscal programs, governmental accounting, budget control methods, accounting policies and procedures.
• Must have ability to interpret laws and regulations as applicable to fiscal operations.
• Ability to interpret and apply accounting theory.
• Ability to work effectively in team environment.
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 07/14/2020
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 09/25/2024
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27443
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency