Job ID: 223898
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0410401 - Student Accessibility Resource Center
Provide excellence in administrative assistance to ensure efficient operation of an office, department or unit. Support department team members to ensure efficient operation of office and reception areas, stewarding University resources. Deliver results and accurately perform administrative duties with high quality in a timely manner, keeping communication fluid.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Operate and maintain office equipment
- Complete travel reimbursement forms and submit in efficient manner; track and reconcile reports and reimbursements
- Enter data, create updates and maintain information in data systems
- Produce and distribute written correspondence in digital and hard copy format
- Assist in preparation of regularly scheduled departmental reports
- Manage inventory of supplies
- Set up, maintain and archive files
- Image and index documents
- Maintain contact lists for department
- Adhere to established timelines to ensure availability of information
- Provide administrative support for a department or functional area
- Create departmental forms
- Attend meetings and record minutes
- Perform receptionist duties including welcoming visitors and arranging campus visits
- Manage calls and emails
- Schedule appointments
- Compose and enter memos, correspondence and reports
- Enter data and manage spreadsheets
- Develop and maintain records, files, and filing procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years of related work experience
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat DC, and Adobe InDesign, Qualtics and Google Forms
$30,900 - $34,350
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure information sensitive in nature
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Knowledge of office management practices and procedures
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations (including commitment to customer service centered work ethic) skills
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
Apply Before Date
February 26, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Subject to performing repetitive tasks throughout day
- May be confined to workstation (sitting or standing) for lengthy periods throughout day
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=223898&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency