Communications Project Coordinator
The Office of Communications and Marketing is Beloit College’s primary communications office. The office provides editorial and design oversight for all official communications on and off campus, including the college website. The Communications Project Coordinator tracks OCM’s budget, expenditures and invoices; manages the schedule and assists with projects for the Chief Communications Officer; and helps the department with writing, editing and web content creation.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors departmental budgets for Communications and Integrated Marketing. Tracks expenditures, prepares invoices for payment, and prepares and reconciles departmental budget reports as necessary. Works with other divisions to process bills and payments as needed.
- Serves as the main point of contact for all campus units/individuals seeking assistance from the Communications and Marketing Office. Manages schedule of the Chief Communications Officer, including scheduling CCO’s and departmental meetings.
- Helps write and edit stories for various platforms (web/social/media relations) as assigned, with ability to gain experience in multiple media.
- Oversees intake and orientation of student employees. In support of supervisors, maintains all job descriptions, tracks student work hours, and coordinates time sheets.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the office, maintains office supplies and services, organizes and supervises general files, processes and maintains records of expenditures and accounts.
- Runs occasional errands for the department, including picking up or dropping off supplies and materials.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or complementary field required.
- Demonstrated strong writing and editing skills, with knowledge of social media helpful.
- Some project coordination experience desired, a willingness to learn how to work with budgets and billing required.
- Experience planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software; ability to learn other software and electronic tools relevant to duties (e.g., basic desktop publishing, project management software, web content management system).
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.Posting Date02/15/2021Closing Dateuntil filledOfficeCommunications and Marketing How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.