Content Marketing Specialist
Job location: Chicago, IL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-15
Job Description: Content Marketing Specialist
Type: Full Time
We are motivated to be among the elite marketing departments in the country—regardless of industry—and take pride in finding collaborative, inventive, and highly creative team members who can help us evolve and reach new heights. This passion is evident in our work. Our advertising campaign for The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is featured in a marketing textbook. Our automated email campaigns rival some of the most sophisticated in any industry. And our editorial and design work has been recognized nearly 3 dozen times in industry-leading competitions. We are one person short. Want to push the limits with us?
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Marketing and Public Relations, the Content Marketing Specialist is a key driver in the development of performance-driven content marketing campaigns that address specific marketing objectives and elicit customer action for TCS Education System and its partner institutions.
The ideal candidate will be versed in Search Engine Optimization and will know how to write compelling content for different audiences and different platforms with ease. Utilizing marketing tactics and storytelling techniques, they will develop performance-driven copy for email, blogs, landing pages, social media campaigns, and both print and digital magazines. They will serve as a liaison with our partner institutions on publication content and help to develop and manage our editorial calendar.
We are looking for someone who understands how content works within an ecosystem of integrated marketing campaigns. They will know how storytelling can be used to foster affinity with a brand. They will be tenacious and know how to ask the right questions to get at the heart of a story. They will be flexible, innovative, and creative in their approach to storytelling, always pushing us to strengthen our content marketing across platforms. They will be a confident, self-motivated teammate who won’t hesitate to jump in and work alongside team members on projects and tasks of all levels. They will be competent and driven, adept at decision-making and problem-solving, and will have a positive attitude. They will possess initiative and good judgment and will be conscientious and trustworthy.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Learn all brands and act as a brand steward on the marketing communications team for all projects.
- Assist with the development of our annual marketing plans from a Marketing Communications perspective.
- Oversee the implementation of annual marketing plan initiatives that will require the participation of the Marketing Communications team.
- Assist in developing and producing editorial plan for partner institution blogs and brand publications.
- Pitch and write feature stories and blogs in line with academic thought leadership and mission of each university.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of our magazine production, bringing all key groups to the table and ensuring that assets are being developed in a timely manner
- Assist in editing and optimizing branded marketing content for multiple marketing platforms: websites, social media campaigns, email campaigns, additional alumni communications, internal communications, and more.
- Collaborate with SEO agency partners to develop content and copy that can boost our brand presence and organic search rankings
- Partner with design for creative needs on our online branded publications
- Partner with marketing strategists to develop content marketing campaigns for specific marketing objectives at each university
- Partner with social media specialist to develop engaging content marketing campaigns native to the platform
- Partner with field marketing team for alignment on project management and timelines for different branded initiatives
- Foster and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders, including faculty, to ensure our department is able to produce timely and relevant content, relative to what is happening on campus
- Maintain the TCS stylebook
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
- Highly analytical yet creative, able to evaluate information and define challenges or objectives, formulate logical and objective conclusions, and develop solutions.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with strong project management skills.
- Flexible, versatile learner; open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes.
- Comfortable working with subordinates, superiors, clients, media, partners, vendors and associates at all levels.
- Exhibits superior professionalism and judgment.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications a plus.
- Experience with feature writing a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, or related concentration.
- Minimum 4 years of content writing experience, preferably for marketing.
- Proficient in multiple kinds of writing: feature stories, profiles, blogs, news articles, white papers, social media campaigns, etc.
- Proficient in writing for various audiences
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills in AP Style.
- Must have solid proficiency with MS Office software – particularly Excel and PowerPoint; proficiency with design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) a plus.
- Ability to perform sedentary work.
- Ability to operate office equipment including computer, printers, and phone.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.