Adjunct Faculty, Bachelor of Arts Degree Completion Program
Become an adjunct faculty member at a top 100 university and play a pivotal role in shaping the emerging practitioners in your field! The University of Denver has the distinction of being the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, giving it a tradition of 150 years of academic excellence. As one of ten colleges at the University of Denver, University College is the college of continuing and professional studies and has been a leader in adult education since 1938. Our mission as a private institution dedicated to the public good is to deliver enduring professional growth and personal development by providing adult learners access to the University of Denver through alternative educational pathways. We seek adjunct instructors who will commit to and advance our mission and commitment to inclusive excellence. University College offers fully accredited and affordable educational experiences specifically designed for busy adults. Learn more about University College at https://universitycollege.du.edu/about/.
We are currently seeking adjunct faculty with extensive industry and teaching experience in the common learning and major areas of our Bachelor of Arts Degree Completion Program who can facilitate the learning experience of adult learners in career-focused programs found here https://universitycollege.du.edu/courses/index.cfm?term=202130&program=bacp&delivery=All. The role of adjunct faculty in the Bachelor of Arts Degree Completion Program is to teach undergraduate post-traditional students in one or more of our majors or common learning courses. Please visit https://universitycollege.du.edu/bachelors/ for a complete list of program concentrations and courses. Our courses are offered in four formats including on campus, online, and hybrid (60% on campus/40% online). University College uses the Learning Management System (LMS) Canvas for all courses, regardless of delivery mode. Instructors will receive a designed course container and will be expected to manage and engage in the course while infusing real-world examples into the curriculum and offering a diversity of perspectives as presented through materials, resources, authors/readings, and speakers if applicable.
- Masters degree in the area you would like to teach or related field or a masters degree and industry experience.
- Successful teaching/facilitation experience with adults.
- Work or academic experience congruent with the content of a course or courses offered within our Bachelor of Arts Degree Completion Program.
- Masters degree or terminal degree in related field
- Recognition of professional accomplishment in an area of expertise related to course or courses offered within our Bachelor of Arts Degree Completion Program.
- Publication in your field.
- Professional presentations related to the courses within the Bachelor of Arts Degree Completion Program or within the teaching and learning sector.
- Licensing and/or certification by professional organizations.
- Completion of an education or training program on adult learning or internship/mentorship that addresses adult learning principles and practices.
Applications are currently being accepted and reviewed for the 2021-2022 academic year. Preference will be given to early applications.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
For best consideration, applications should be submitted by March 1, 2021.
Stipend is determined by enrollment.
1 student = $600
2 students = $1,200
3 students = $2,400
4-8 students = $2,650
9-14 students = $3,750
15-23 students = $4,150
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.