10018135 Air Traffic Control Specialist
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Air Traffic Control Tower Primary Location: Eastman Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position performs specialized duties in the control of air traffic on and within the vicinity of the campus airport.
- Controls air traffic on and within vicinity of the airport according to established procedures and policies to prevent collisions and to minimize delays.
- Answers radio calls from arriving and departing aircraft and issues landing and take-off instructions and information.
- Transfers control of departing flights to, and accepts control of arriving flights from, air traffic control center.
- Alerts airport emergency crew and other designated personnel by radio or telephone when airplanes are having flight difficulties.
- Controls airport floodlights and boundary, runway, and hazard lights.
- Operates radio and monitors radars to control aircraft operating in vicinity of airport.
- Signals aircraft flying under visual flight rules, using electric signal light or flags.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include college and University System of Georgia policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None.
FAA Control Tower Operator Certificate.
- Current FAA class II medical/ability to obtain FAA Class II Medical.
- Extensive ATC Tower experience.
- Candidate selected for employment will be subjected to a background investigation and credit check.
- Additional experience in terminal, en-route, or flight service is a plus.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “Air Traffic Control Specialist, Eastman 02.15.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background check will be conducted on all final candidates
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D