Behavioral Management Technician II
Behavioral Management Technician IITNPRC Veterinary Medicine
Location: Covington, LASummary
Performs a variety of tasks related to the implementation and maintenance of the behavioral management program for nonhuman primates and other laboratory animal species as directed by the Behavioral Management Program Manager. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Organizes and performs technical duties, such as preparation, maintenance and distribution of enrichment materials, devices and equipment.
- Designs, develops and tests enrichment techniques, new ideas for enhancing captive environments, and interventions in terms of practicality, use by animals, and efficacy for improving behavior.
- Identifies animals that are in need to specialized intervention for observed behavioral problems and implements intervention practices to improve behavior.
- Collects observational data for behavioral studies.
- Performs positive reinforcement training.
- Determines potential non-human primate social partners, completes social introductions, monitors progress and makes decisions about outcomes of introductions.
- Bachelor's Degree with a background in behavioral sciences with 2 years of experience in laboratory animal care
- Certification as an AALAS LAT with 4 years of experience in laboratory animal care
- 6 years of experience in laboratory animal care