Business Development Coordinator (Educational Program Coordinator)
Search #: 495021
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
The University of Connecticut’s School of Engineering seeks applications for the position of Business Development Coordinator for the Professional Education (PE) program. Under the general direction/supervision of the manager or administrator of the PE program, the successful candidate will provide engagement and outreach to industry related to PE educational programs, create new relationships for future prospective students, and carry out long range planning for customer/public relations to increase enrollment and partnerships. The Business Development Coordinator will be responsible for implementing engagement activities and corporate partnerships for the program, and is expected to act independently within established program goals and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds strong relationships with industry and continues to steward and monitor the status of partnership engagements
- Utilizes strong communication and presentation skills for discussions with industry partner representatives, as well as prospective students
- Gives presentations at events such as, but not limited to workshops, lunch and learns, and informational sessions in accordance with program goals.
- Engages in “cold calling” industry partners to build new working relationships.
- Will decipher/highlight/consolidate key points during communication and respond to such points.
- Serves as a resource to prospective students, current students, industry partners, faculty and staff on matters relating to the program.
- Engages in promotional activities for the program, implements recruiting and promotional strategies, as requested by the manager or administrator.
- Assists the manager with collecting and analyzing program data and evaluation of program effectiveness.
- May assist in securing funding for various programs.
- Recruits qualified students or participants to the program through promotional activities and contact with the target population.
- Performs office management duties to coordinate processing of necessary paperwork to support the program related to industry requests and needs.
- Will travel on occasion throughout the state, as well as limited travel out of state for conferences, seminars and industry partnership opportunities (pending pandemic restrictions – right now all meetings are conducted virtually).
- Prepares necessary information reports as requested by the manager or administrator.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least four years business development and/or customer relations experience as appropriate to the program.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to interact with academic staff, faculty, and management throughout a University.
- Ability to travel to in and out of state work locations on occasion.
- Demonstrated client relation management.
- Demonstrated creativity for marketing program.
- Experience as webmaster.
- Familiarity with CRM software.
This is a twelve month permanent full-time position with full benefits and an expected start date of March 29, 2021. Salary is expected to be in the $58,000-$65,000 range, which will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495021 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references. The required submission format is a single PDF file in the order listed. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on March 1, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Feb 15 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Mar 01 2021 Eastern Standard Time