Medical Technologist II
Job no: 514351
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession
Department:29080100 - MD-PATHOLOGY-GENERAL
Medical Technologist IIJob Description:
50% - Perform laboratory testing of human biological samples for diagnostic and research purposes using various methodologies. Testing includes, but is not limited to, operation of state-of-the-art automated chemistry, immunoassay, hematology, and coagulation systems and performing various clinical laboratory assays using automated and/or manual methods.
15% - Participate in the overall maintenance of the laboratory. Purchase supplies, maintain instruments and equipment, and comply with all laboratory policies and procedures.
15% - Responsible for all routine documentation associated with the performance of laboratory testing; includes reporting results and all quality control documentation.
10% - Participate, with other technologists, in development of tests as defined by the laboratory director. Recommend updates and changes to laboratory procedure manuals.
10% - Actively participate in the interfacing of automated instrumentation with the laboratory information system (LIS); involved in LIS-associated tasks such as test builds and dictionary maintenance.Expected Salary:
$26.00 - $29.00Minimum Requirements:
Licensed or temporarily licensed as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist in one of the specialty areas to which the position is allocated and for which the laboratory is licensed under Chapter 483, Florida Statutes, and two years of appropriate experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Licensed as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist in Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, and Serology under Chapter 483, Florida Statutes.
- Prior Clinical Laboratory experience in the areas of Clinical Chemistry, Immunology, Hematology and Coagulation.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and execute laboratory testing.
- Ability to use problem solving techniques in the laboratory.
- Ability to communicate with other technologists and supervisors.
- Ability to collect and analyze data.
- Ability to understand and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures for clinical testing.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
This position is eligible for Veteran's Preference. If you are claiming Veteran's Preference please upload a copy of your DD 214 member copy 4 with your application for consideration.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 15 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 01 Mar 2021 Eastern Standard Time