Clinical Research Coordinator, Non Licensed
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-15
Clinical Research Coordinators, Non-Licensed, work closely with study subjects and other research staff and are involved in most steps of the research trial process. They function under the Principal Investigator and cannot perform any tasks that by state or local law require a medical license to perform. They work independently and have the authority to adapt methods and procedures to meet the needs of the clinical trial. They focus on the long-term goals of clinical research trial and process.
- Work closely with the study PI (Philip Chow, PhD) and be responsible for organizing study related material and attend study relevant meetings
- Manage the day-to-day activities of a new NIH funded grant
- Recruit, screen, and enroll study participants who meet research criteria using remote means (e.g., phone, online). Collect basic information through scripted phone interviews and answer general questions.
- Obtain informed consent from study participants and maintain contact virtually.
- Collect subject data, enter and analyze data, and compile reports, adhering to research protocols. Keep appropriate logs, track participants, and prepare study materials.
- Compile, manage, and submit study protocols and amendments, consent forms, and recruiting materials to the Institutional Review Board and department for approval with oversight from supervisor or Principal Investigator.
- Some supervision of research assistants or students that are assisting with the study
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least one year of related work experience
- Clinical Research Coordinator certificate and/or Clinical Research Associate certificate with four years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
The selected applicant will be required to complete a background check and health screen prior to their first day of employment per University policy.
This is a restricted position continuation will be determined based on availability of funding and satisfactory performance.
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for “R0021545". Complete an application online and see below for documents to attach.
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, “R0021545” complete the application and see below for documents to attach. Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box or you can combine them into one PDF.
Complete an application online and attach:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in this position
***Please note that you MUST upload ALL documents into the CV/Resume box.
Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration.***
For questions about the application process please contact Rhiannon O'Coin, Senior Academic Recruiter, email@example.com
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job may occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.